The Lions, much like the city and community they represent, are built on a blue-collar work ethic that values hustle and conviction.
Ford Field, the home of the Lions since 2002 in the heart of Detroit, is part of a vibrant sports and entertainment district featuring all four major professional sports franchises. Ford Field is also home to a dedicated and passionate multi-generational fan base reflective of the innovation, creativity and drive synonymous with Detroit.
Under the leadership of Sheila Hamp, the great granddaughter of Henry Ford, the Lions have ushered in an era of rebirth focused on creating an inclusive and equitable experience for employees, partners and fans. Building off the rich and diverse history of the city, the Lions embrace transparency and value contribution from all areas of the organization. We believe in the power of a pride, and acknowledge winning together takes understanding, acceptance, and teamwork. We believe in our “we” culture and are committed to building a new tradition that Detroit and Michigan can be proud of.
One Pride. For All.
The Partnership Marketing Account Manager is a key position on the Corporate Partnership team. The role is responsible executing contractual obligations, leads the service and day-to-day relationship of strategic Corporate Partnerships through a solutions-based approach. With the support of the Corporate Partnership Activation team and department leadership, the Account Manager will be tasked with achieving the goals and objectives identified by the Corporate Partner while providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
The Partnership Marketing Account Manager position will have daily responsibilities including, without limitation, the following:
- Act as a key contact with assigned partners (clients), autonomously overseeing day-to-day relationships between partners and internal departments
- Work with partners to identify clear and measurable business objectives specific to their goals
- Develop and execute partnership activation plans that most effectively leverage our assets and capabilities, builds our partners’ business and delivers on goals
- Manage clients CRM entries to ensure information is accurate, deliverables are tracked and fulfilled, and account information is up to date at all times
- Work autonomously to develop new sellable marketing assets, community programs, NFL initiatives and digital platforms that can be used to monetize business
- Create and present partner recaps following key initiatives, mid-season and post-season to tell the story of our partnership, and share proof of performance, value delivered and key insights
- Assist in the renewal of assigned corporate partner agreements as they expire including assessing the level at which renewal should be achieved and identifying at-risk partners early in sales process
- Natural ability to develop a strong rapport and establish long-term relationships with partners, partnership sales team and inter-departmentally
- Game day and event responsibilities include activation setup, entertaining clients and fulfilling sponsorship contract obligations
- Utilizing and providing excellent interpersonal and service skills to build and develop mutually beneficial relationships with partners
- Maintains professionalism when communicating with internal and external contacts
- Will maintain an appropriate level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and web tools and software being used
- Must be motivated, reliable, and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be accurate and efficient with the ability to meet deadlines
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Will keep appropriate information confidential
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the objectives and essential functions of this position. Such responsibilities shall be incorporated into the position description if they are ongoing
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum two – three years of successful sponsorship fulfillment experience with a major league professional sports team or high-profile entertainment entity, while working in a competitive sales environment
- Experience formulating marketing plans and promotions from development to execution
- Minimum computer aptitude required: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to work extended hours including games and events in the evening and on weekends
- Demonstrates an ability to work independently and to be self-motivated
- Exceptional problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- A valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Comfortable working in a sales environment and having basic negotiation discussions
- Attention to detail and ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and related experience to the position.
Due to the high volume or resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update candidates on the status of their application. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please no phone calls or emails.