The Lions, much like the city and community they represent, are built on a blue-collar work ethic that values hustle and conviction.
Ford Field, the home of the Lions since 2002 in the heart of Detroit, is part of a vibrant sports and entertainment district featuring all four major professional sports franchises. Ford Field is also home to a dedicated and passionate multi-generational fan base reflective of the innovation, creativity and drive synonymous with Detroit.
Under the leadership of Sheila Hamp, the great granddaughter of Henry Ford, the Lions have ushered in an era of rebirth focused on creating an inclusive and equitable experience for employees, partners and fans. Building off the rich and diverse history of the city, the Lions embrace transparency and value contribution from all areas of the organization. We believe in the power of a pride, and acknowledge winning together takes understanding, acceptance, and teamwork. We believe in our “we” culture and are committed to building a new tradition that Detroit and Michigan can be proud of.
One Pride. For All.
The Corporate Partnerships Sales Manager role will be responsible for identifying, developing and retaining potential corporate sponsors, advertisers and business partners as part of an effort to generate new and sustain existing revenue streams that support the Detroit Lions and Ford Field Management’s business objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
The Corporate Partnerships Sales Manager position will develop and execute effective sales strategies to achieve sales goals as directed by the Senior Director of Corporate Partnerships, which includes:
- Responsible for creating, developing and selling fully integrated partnerships with local, regional and national clients/markets and develop effective pursuit strategy to secure partnerships
- Identify and collaboratively assess partnership opportunities while establishing new client relationships utilizing various sales strategies, including but not limited to, research, cold calls, site visits, and outside sales calls
- Focus on new business development and initiate new contracts
- Source new business opportunities with a primary focus on B2B within partnership/sponsorship assets as well as a contribution within all 3 major revenue streams (Partnership, Premium Suites, and Ticketing)
- Coordinate and execute a minimum of 15 sales calls/1 face to face appointment per day on any potential customers through cold calling, prospecting, and referrals
- Develop and nurture strategic/mutually beneficial relationships with current partners to drive additional revenue generation
- Sustained development and management of partner relationships with a focus on the creation of plans which accomplish strategic objectives and a measurable return on investment
- Partner with internal departments (e.g., marketing, broadcast, digital, community relations, youth football, events) to develop and execute programs that support partnership programs and elements
- Serves as a direct liaison between the Detroit Lions and all assigned corporate sponsor constituents
- Achieves sales revenue goals through productive prospecting and deal closing activities
- Closes new business opportunities by representing the Detroit Lions at networking events and attending various business and association meetings
- Work with internal team members to create Partnership proposals and successfully negotiate contracts
- Monitor industry trends and issues, particularly those impacting corporate partnerships
- Utilize and provide excellent interpersonal and service skills to build and develop mutually beneficial relationships with partners.
- Maintain professionalism when communicating with internal and external contacts
- Champion corporate sponsor objectives on all on-going management issues
- Effectively communicate client needs to the Partnership Activation team to ensure complete success
- Maintain an appropriate level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and of web tools and software being used
- Must be motivated, reliable, and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be accurate and efficient with the ability to meet deadlines
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Will keep appropriate information confidential
- Will adjust schedule as needed to meet department demands, work goals and time constraints, including working nights, weekends, and holidays as football schedule directs
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the objectives and essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business, Communications, Marketing or Management required. MBA or Graduate Sports Administration/Management degree is a plus.
- 3+ years of professional experience required, including three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training in sports partnerships sales. Previous experience in a professional sports or entertainment venue preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment generating effective solutions quickly and/or raising issues to management as necessary
- Team player spirit with an exceptional customer service attitude
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to work extended hours including games and events in the evening and on weekends
- Demonstrates an ability to work independently and to be self-motivated
- Exceptional problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail and ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
- A valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
- May require work out of both the Ford Field Management Office and the Allen Park Training Facility
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and related experience to the position.
Due to the high volume or resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update candidates on the status of their application. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please no phone calls or emails.