The Lions, much like the city and community they represent, are built on a blue-collar work ethic that values hustle and conviction.
Ford Field, the home of the Lions since 2002 in the heart of Detroit, is part of a vibrant sports and entertainment district featuring all four major professional sports franchises. Ford Field is also home to a dedicated and passionate multi-generational fan base reflective of the innovation, creativity and drive synonymous with Detroit.
Under the leadership of Sheila Hamp, the great granddaughter of Henry Ford, the Lions have ushered in an era of rebirth focused on creating an inclusive and equitable experience for employees, partners and fans. Building off the rich and diverse history of the city, the Lions embrace transparency and value contribution from all areas of the organization. We believe in the power of a pride, and acknowledge winning together takes understanding, acceptance, and teamwork. We believe in our “we” culture and are committed to building a new tradition that Detroit and Michigan can be proud of.
One Pride. For All.
The Corporate Partnerships Sales Director will be responsible for sales interactions and strategies to acquire, develop, and retain corporate sponsors, advertisers, and partners to generate new and sustain existing revenue streams that support the Detroit Lions’ business objectives. The candidate will work with various departments to build assets and programs with an analytical approach to demonstrate the value proposition of a partnership. This role will implement sales presentations to prospects to foster new business acquisition, and revenue optimization objectives. The position will identify new opportunities to strengthen and ensure sustainable growth opportunities. The position will work with the Executive Director of Corporate Partnerships.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
The Corporate Partnerships Sales Director position will have daily responsibilities including, without limitation, the following:
- Responsible for creating, developing and selling fully integrated partnerships with local, regional and national clients/markets and establish effective pursuit strategies to secure partnerships.
- Identify and collaboratively assess partnership opportunities while establishing new client relationships utilizing various sales strategies, including but not limited to, research, cold calls, site visits, and outside sales calls.
- Initiate contracts develop and nurture strategic/mutually beneficial relationships with partners to drive additional revenue generation.
- Manage the sustained development and management of partner relationships with a focus on the creation of plans which accomplish strategic objectives and a measurable return on investment.
- Work with internal departments to develop and execute programs that support partnership programs and elements.
- Execute meetings, calls, and presentations with high-level corporate executives.
- Work in conjunction with Business Strategy & Analytics, Marketing, and all critical departments to develop presentations that include measurable elements.
- Research prospect brands and their competitors to identify opportunities and solution-based programs.
- Create and manage high-value, fully-integrated advertising and sponsorship packages that are in line with the partner’s marketing objectives.
- Participate in the development, ideation, evolution, implementation, and fulfillment of service and activation platform.
- Sell NFL Corporate Sponsors and work with NFL Business Development colleagues to maximize partner investment levels.
- Fiscal responsibility with departmental budget expenses.
- Develop, write and present corporate sponsorship sales proposals to key clients.
- In coordination with the Executive Director of Corporate Partnership, create new sales collateral or modify existing collateral as required for both the Detroit Lions and Ford Field.
- Work cross-departmentally to develop new sellable marketing, community, NFL initiatives and digital platforms our sales team can use to monetize business opportunities.
- Manage client programs as they relate to billing/accounting, promotions/marketing, ticket office, broadcasting, community outreach, etc.
- Collaboration with Executive Director of Corporate Partnership with the identification of prospect opportunities.
- Maintain weekly reports for personal sales pipeline, revenue achievements, and prospecting.
- Incorporate appropriate market research into sponsorship proposals and sales presentations.
- Utilize NFL SABR data to maximize category opportunities for the Detroit Lions.
- Effectively communicate client expectations and contractual obligations to appropriate internal departments.
- Work as a team with Activation Account Managers to provide excellent customer service and to ensure fulfillment of client deliverables with account base.
- Work in partnership with assigned Activation Account Manager team to form 1:1 team responsible for revenue generation consistent with expectations for new business, renewals and contracted accounts.
- Ability to develop strong, long-term relationships with both clients and co-workers.
- Business aptitude to understand and manage client needs and organizational goals to create unique and innovative revenue generating programs.
- Gameday responsibilities include activation setup, entertaining clients and fulfilling sponsorship contract obligations.
- Conducts business during non-traditional hours, taking advantage of opportunities to interact with clients and prospects during games, events and away game trips.
- Event planning and execution for partner-sponsored events or meetings.
- Work with NFL sponsorship colleagues to grow and develop partnerships.
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the objectives and essential functions of this position. Such responsibilities shall be incorporated into the position description if they are ongoing.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business, Communications, Marketing or Management required.
- Minimum five years of sponsorship sales experience with a major league professional sports team or high-profile entertainment entity, while working in a competitive sales environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment generating effective solutions quickly and raising issues to management as necessary.
- Team player spirit with an exceptional customer service attitude.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some weekends and evenings.
- May require work out of both the Ford Field Management Office and the Allen Park Training Facility.
- A valid Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Willingness to travel, including weekends.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and related experience to the position.
Due to the high volume or resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update candidates on the status of their application. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please no phone calls or emails.