The Lions, much like the city and community they represent, are built on a blue-collar work ethic that values hustle and conviction.
Ford Field, the home of the Lions since 2002 in the heart of Detroit, is part of a vibrant sports and entertainment district featuring all four major professional sports franchises. Ford Field is also home to a dedicated and passionate multi-generational fan base reflective of the innovation, creativity and drive synonymous with Detroit.
Under the leadership of Sheila Hamp, the great granddaughter of Henry Ford, the Lions have ushered in an era of rebirth focused on creating an inclusive and equitable experience for employees, partners and fans. Building off the rich and diverse history of the city, the Lions embrace transparency and value contribution from all areas of the organization. We believe in the power of a pride, and acknowledge winning together takes understanding, acceptance, and teamwork. We believe in our “we” culture and are committed to building a new tradition that Detroit and Michigan can be proud of.
One Pride. For All.
The Inside Sales Account Executive (Seasonal) will be responsible for consumer & corporate account acquisition of new season ticket memberships to directly impact the growth and expansion of our customer base. This position will work within the ticketing department and contribute to long-term revenue goals that are in line with the company’s overall objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
The Inside Sales Account Executive (Seasonal) position will have daily responsibilities including, without limitation, the following:
- Directly prospect and sell season memberships with a primary focus on general consumers and small to mid-range businesses
- Pursue new B2C account acquisition through personalized sales presentations over the phone, in person and through various technology tools
- Promote and sell season memberships, Fan Plans, group tickets and other ticket packages
- Schedule meetings and calls to conduct presentations with prospective clients
- Seek and implement sales and service best practices for all Ford Field events.
- Cultivate leads through cold calling, face to face appointments, networking, in stadium presentation’s and inbound inquiries to consistently fill the top of the funnel
- Involvement in all stages of the sales cycle from lead generation to close
- Responsible for troubleshooting any client concerns and facilitating resolutions
- Participate in non-game day sales events, offsite meetings, sales booths, including but not limited to, open houses, training camp and various sales events
- Develop and enhance relationships with prospective clients to increase growth opportunities through exceptional service and referrals
- Entertain prospects and new season ticket holders on game day and at Ford Field events to ensure strong personal relationship with client base
- Produce accurate updates on sales pipeline/prospecting activity in CRM, outside appointments, event recaps and account management
- Accountability to achieve weekly, monthly and long-term season membership and revenue goals
- Primary focus on new account acquisition of season ticket products with flexibility to sell full menu
- Expert in prospecting and closing consumer accounts.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with clients, guests, co-workers
- Ability to schedule meetings and conduct presentations with prospective clients
- Will provide information to prospects in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to effectively identify and anticipate problems and solutions in a timely manner
- Will utilize CRM system, Archtics ticketing software and various sales tools
- Ability to assess strengths, weaknesses, set goals, achieve objectives and strive to continuously build knowledge and skills of the sales profession and local market
- Demonstrate persistence, overcoming obstacles and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
- Personally, motivated with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills. This includes the ability to listen, speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, possess excellent group presentation skills and willingness to actively participate in meetings
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness and creativity
- Ability to assess the needs of potential clients and develop recommendations
- Proven ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment
- Will exercise good judgment and have the willingness to make decisions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the objectives and essential functions of this position. Such responsibilities shall be incorporated into the position description if they are ongoing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Sports Management or related field preferred
- Minimum of 6 months professional work experience/internship required, preferably with a professional sports or entertainment venue
- Proficient computer skills including experience with MS Office products, including but not limited to, Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to learn new programs
- Strength in time management, administrative ability, organization, and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public in a professional manner
- Must possess a professional attitude and demeanor
- Knowledge of sales techniques, negotiation and closing skills preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft CRM and Archtics ticketing platform preferred, but not required
- Will adjust schedule as needed to meet goals and time constraints, including working nights, weekends, and holidays as football schedule directs
- May require work out of both the Ford Field Management Office and the Allen Park Training Facility
- A valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and related experience to the position.
Due to the high volume or resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update candidates on the status of their application. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please no phone calls or emails.