Detect’s mission is to empower individuals to have greater ownership of their health with rapid, low-cost home and point-of-care diagnostics. We build breakthrough technology at the intersection of software, hardware, chemistry, and biology to make diagnostics accessible at the point of need. Our ultimate goal is to apply this technology to lower costs, improve patient outcomes, and improve doctor experience by enabling earlier diagnosis and access to treatment.
Detect is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech company founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Detect benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of biotech and med device companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who have collectively raised over $2 billion in funding.
Joining Detect is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As a Manufacturing Technician, you will be able to operate and maintain specialized processing equipment in a clean / dry room environment to formulate, fabricate finished products and the parts that go into in vitro diagnostic reagent kits. You will use tools, small production equipment, and your hands to keep output high without compromising safety or quality under standard manufacturing processes and cGMP compliance.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Complete process work instructions (Batch Records Use of manufacturing equipment)
- Operate production equipment such as pipettes, balances, pneumatic equipment, and heat sealers
- Assist in troubleshooting process issues
- Actively support and participate in continuous improvement projects
- Assist in training/ leading of new team members in production activities
- Work in a cleanroom environment using personal protective equipment (gloved, gowns, booties, Cap, safety glasses)
- Clean and sanitize manufacturing and associated support areas
- Work in a regulated environment
- Recommend solutions to assembly problems regarding fixtures and tools
- Seek guidance, as necessary, with supervisor on production issues
- Manually clean equipment and perform preventative maintenance
- Contribute to written documentation, including test plans and work instructions. Assist in updating and new revision of standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Manage laboratory consumables and supplies and inventory of project-related materials
- Implement and teach good lab procedures
- Work in cleanroom and dry room (controlled, lower humidity) laboratories
- Must possess a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) certification, associate degree, Bachelor's degree, OR equivalent military training
- In lieu of the education requirements, we are also interested in experienced candidates with 1 or more years of relevant work experience
- Comfortable using software tools for communication and data collection [i.e., spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, google drive]
- Experience following work instructions and test procedures for product manufacturing
- Experience using QC inspection tools and performing first article inspections
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
Ideally, you also have some of these skills, experiences, and attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Mechanical design software experience:
- Reading mechanical drawings
- BOM management and product lifecycle management tools, such as PDM and Propel
- PCBA manufacturing experience:
- Use soldering irons, solder pots, and hand tools to perform re-work
- Familiarity with any of the following tools:
- QC inspection tools
You deeply identify with core Detect values:
- Put people first. Our colleagues and our customers come first. We respect each other and celebrate our diversity. We take joy in each other’s success, and succeed or fail as a team
- Eye of the owner. We have an ownership mindset and take responsibility for all of our decisions. No problem is someone else's problem. We are frugal and use company resources as if they were our own
- No genius without grit. As innovators, we fail often but fast. We are tenacious. We push through adversity and keep getting up. We are problem solvers and always find a way
- Err on the side of doing. We are scrappy and biased toward action — everyone is an individual contributor. We allow intuition to guide us when we have imperfect information
- Move faster by working smarter. We are inventors. We focus, plan, pursue, and adjust to make big things happen in a fraction of the time others can. We disagree and commit
- Always be frank. We celebrate openness and diversity of opinion. We are transparent and candid but compassionate in our feedback, and are always honest to ourselves and our customers
We offer great perks:
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Detect is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.