We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about code craftsmanship and DevOps to join our Product Engineering team. Experience delivering distributed, data-intensive applications is a must.
Working with a diverse range of technologies and clients across industry verticals, you will have the opportunity to become a leading expert in delivering transformative machine learning solutions to industry designed for real-world results. As part of a vibrant and growing team, you will be at the frontier of the AI revolution.
What will you do?
- Develop cutting-edge machine learning software products with a DevOps mindset
- Provide leadership by example in all areas of agile software development: continuous delivery, test-driven development, architectural design, coding practices, task estimation, and technical documentation and communication
- Rapid research and prototype in support of discovery and proof-of-concept efforts
- Contribute to the product’s vision from a technology perspective
- Actively take part in mentorship and evangelism activities: e.g. giving technical talks, leading hack-a-thons, coordinating lunch and learns, etc.
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Software Engineer/Developer in an Agile software development environment
- An Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, or similar quantitative degree
- Fluency in data modeling, common SQL & NoSQL databases, and distributed file systems
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies
- Familiarity with technologies related to CI/CD such as Jira, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience delivering solutions leverage public cloud infrastructure and services
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people, and in a rapidly changing multi-disciplinary work environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with high-growth technology companies
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Demonstrable data engineering, data science, and/or machine learning experience and knowledge
What’s in it for you?
- Work with purpose: contribute to deploying machine learning models that drive real business impact across industry verticals
- Opportunity to work with leading machine learning experts on cutting-edge problems
- Opportunities to develop relationships with a variety of industry decision-makers, subject-matter experts, software developers, and machine learning specialists
- Split time between your work duties and pursuing personal machine learning passion projects with mentoring from our machine learning experts
- Participate in feats of strength and lively company events that build your career toolkit while also enjoying a work-life balance
- Enjoy a comfortable company work environment located in downtown Toronto that encourages self-expression, creativity, honesty, and learning
- Amazing quality of life benefits: healthy snacks, gym memberships, travel accommodations, great health benefits, and more!
- Stock options possible after you have proven your impact on the job
- As needed: sponsorship for work visas
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.