We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our growing finance team. The ideal candidate will apply his/her passion of finance and accounting to take charge of the full-cycle finance and accounting processes at Dessa. This will allow the candidate to build a foundation to explore various finance and accounting career directions. We would love for the candidate to bring his/her voice and vision to shape the finance and accounting future at Dessa!
Reporting directly to Director of Finance and Controller, you will be a pioneer to lead the evolving finance functions and responsibilities. As part of a dynamic and rapidly growing team at Dessa, you will be at the forefront of the ongoing AI revolution.
What will you do?
- Take charge of all crucial accounting responsibilities, such as AR, fixed assets, AP/accruals, employee expenses and more!
- Own the month-end and quarter-end close processes including the preparation of account reconciliations and financial statements
- Assist with the development and maintenance of budget and enjoy performing budget vs. actual analysis, KPI dashboards, etc.in collaboration with other business units
- Work effectively with external accounting firms on various accounting and audit subjects
- You will be challenged by ad-hoc finance projects such as system conversions, treasury tasks, and tax matters
- Live and breathe the continuous process improvements and help shape the structure of the finance function!
What are the requirements for this role?
- 3+ years accounting experiences---either with previous audit experience looking for a new life in the industry, or already having exposure to full-cycle accounting process from the industry
- Knowledge of IFRS/US GAAP from those working experiences
- Undergraduate degree with an accounting or finance focus
- Already possess, or working towards a CPA accounting designation
- Highly positive and proactive individual with a proven passion for process improvement and self development
- Strong attention to details, and it’s difficult to control your desire to achieve accuracy and precision!
- Dynamic personality: love figuring things out in a rapidly changing environment, and you master the art of communications and cross-functional collaborations
- Believe in making business decisions based on financial analysis and financial facts; and equipped with strong working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint to demonstrate those financial insights
- Carry a passion for applying technology to solve real business problems; and an interest in Machine Learning/AI
Nice to have:
- Previous audit experience with an accounting firm would be a plus
- Previous experience working in the software technology industry
What’s in it for you?
- Work with purpose: contribute to deploying machine learning products that drive real business impact across industry verticals
- Opportunities to develop relationships with a variety of industry decision-makers, subject-matter experts, software developers, and machine learning specialists
- You will obtain solid full-cycle finance and accounting experiences and build a foundation to explore all the exciting finance and accounting career directions
- Enjoy being part of a fast-growing company with opportunities to make an impact and gain rapid career growth
- Work alongside amazing and passionate individuals from various fields who are the best at what they do
- Participate in feats of strength and lively company events that build your career toolkit while also enjoying a work-life balance
- Enjoy a comfortable company work environment located in downtown Toronto that encourages self-expression, creativity, honesty, and learning
- Amazing quality of life benefits: healthy snacks, gym memberships, travel accommodations, great health benefits, and more!
- Stock options possible after you have proven your impact on the job
- As needed: sponsorship for work visas
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.