We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and organized individual who is passionate about technology and recruitment to join us as a Talent Coordinator. Working out of our Toronto headquarters, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to help recruit top international tech talent and make a big impact by helping us grow the Dessa team. If you want to be part of a growing team and help build the best applied AI company and industry changing tools, then we want to hear from you! As part of a vibrant and growing team, you will be at the frontier of the AI revolution.
As the Talent Coordinator, you will collaborate closely with Dessa’s Talent team, co-founders and hiring managers, using your strengths in communication and organization to ensure an amazing experience for everyone at every step in our hiring process. As a key contributor towards Dessa’s mission to build one of the world’s best applied AI companies, you will also have diverse opportunities to evolve your career over time.
What will you do?
- Coordinate and facilitate interviews with candidates, working closely with the Talent team and hiring managers across different roles, levels of seniority and departments
- Ensure a positive, personalized and genuine experience for every candidate we meet, from application stage to offer
- Manage a high volume of candidates and interviews for various roles with velocity
- Support the evolution of our employer brand to maximize the Talent team’s impact
- Conduct end-to-end searches for active roles by researching and networking
- Maintain up-to-date candidate records within our Applicant Tracking System (ATS), documenting all interview-related data and hiring process feedback
- Assist with special Recruitment & Talent Operations projects as required
- Champion Dessa’s employer brand, mission and vision
What do you need to succeed?
- Completed post-secondary education in Human Resources Management, general Management/Business Administration, Psychology or other related field(s)
- Up to 2 years of Tech talent coordination and/or IT recruitment experience in an agency or corporate setting—startup experience preferred
- Passion for all things tech—bonus points for demonstrated knowledge of AI
- Strong information gathering skills, including with platforms such as LinkedIn Recruiter
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced workplace and balance competing priorities
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to be self-directed, reliable and accountable
- Strong attention to detail, with high levels of integrity, honesty, tact, and diplomacy
- A proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
What's in it for you?
- Work with purpose: contribute to deploying machine learning products that drive real business impact across industry verticals
- Opportunity to work with leading machine learning experts on cutting-edge problems
- Opportunities to develop relationships with a variety of industry decision-makers, subject-matter experts, software developers, and machine learning specialists
- Split time between your work duties and pursuing personal machine learning passion projects with mentoring from our machine learning experts
- Participate in feats of strength and lively company events that build your career toolkit while also enjoying a work-life balance
- Enjoy a comfortable company work environment located in downtown Toronto that encourages self-expression, creativity, honesty, and learning
- Amazing quality of life benefits: healthy snacks, gym memberships, travel accommodations, great health benefits, and more!
- Stock options possible after you have proven your impact on the job
- As needed: sponsorship for work visas
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.