We are looking for an impact-driven collaborator who is passionate about visual journalism, graphic design, web development and technology to join us as a Graphic Designer. Working closely with our internal stakeholders, the motivated candidate will help take our company’s visual identity to the next level and communicate complex ideas in refreshing ways for both digital and print mediums. The candidate will also have a unique opportunity to grow their knowledge about applied artificial intelligence first-hand and be part of a rapidly growing and dynamic company culture.
What will you do?
- Design new elements and refine existing visual assets for our website and digital channels
- Iterate on the development of our website to aid in A/B testing and implement changes from both internal and external feedback
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to design visual assets that help explain complex concepts for presentation decks and other public-facing material
- Experiment with different traditional and digital methods to reinforce our unique position in the AI market
- Support the evolution of Dessa’s visual identity by developing and executing on ideas for new promotional materials
- Engage with various teams across Dessa to ensure design assets delight intended users
What is required to succeed in this role?
- 3+ years of proven experience in graphic design, working with print and digital content
- Experience in the technology or B2B industry
- Adept use of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on
- Being able to produce work that functions well in PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Wordpress—web design skills including CSS and HTML ideal
- A team-oriented mindset and ability to work with a diverse range of people
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced workplace and balance competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail, with high levels of integrity, honesty, tact, and diplomacy
What’s in it for you?
- Work with purpose: contribute to deploying machine learning products that drive real business impact across industry verticals
- Opportunity to work with leading machine learning experts on cutting-edge problems
- Opportunities to develop relationships with a variety of industry decision-makers, subject-matter experts, software developers, and machine learning specialists
- Split time between your work duties and pursuing personal machine learning passion projects with mentoring from our machine learning experts
- Participate in feats of strength and lively company events that build your career toolkit while also enjoying a work-life balance
- Enjoy a comfortable company work environment located in downtown Toronto that encourages self-expression, creativity, honesty, and learning
- Amazing quality of life benefits: healthy snacks, gym memberships, travel accommodations, great health benefits, and more!
- Stock options possible after you have proven your impact on the job
- As needed: sponsorship for work visas
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.