Dessa is looking for a Solutions Architect to help our clients reach new heights with machine learning by leading the design of enterprise AI systems. Fusing technical finesse with industry experience, the Solutions Architect will play a critical role ensuring our clients’ success by integrating cutting-edge technologies in the data and machine learning space within enterprise environments.
The person in this role will also collaborate closely with Dessa’s other development teams to help shape our proprietary AI platform Foundations. As part of a vibrant and growing team, you will be at the forefront of the AI revolution.
What will you do?
- Lead the design of client enterprise systems using Dessa's core products for machine learning development and deployment
- Collaborate with other architects and engineers to implement and deploy scalable, highly-available and resilient solutions
- Engage closely with our clients to ensure our solutions exceed their expectations on all fronts
- Present detailed technical information and decisions to internal and external teams verbally and in writing
- Provide subject-matter expertise in areas of systems engineering and enterprise IT systems for our internal teams, including Enterprise Solutions, Product Management, Product Engineering and Machine Learning
- Interact closely with Product Engineering teams to help guide product direction
What do you need to succeed?
- 7+ years proven experience in a technical design and development role
- 2+ years progressive leadership experience directing high visibility initiatives
- Experience delivering data products and solutions
- Experience with enterprise data systems such as data warehouses and data lakes
- An Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math or similar degree
- Strong technical and creative problem solving abilities, with a preference for fast design iterations
Nice to have:
- Experience delivering solutions at scale using cloud or on-premise infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure or enterprise datacenters)
- Knowledge of tools integral to continuous delivery and continuous integration such as Docker, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes, Mesos, Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience working for high-growth technology companies
- Demonstrable machine learning, data science, or data engineering knowledge
What’s in it for you?
- Work with purpose: contribute to deploying machine learning products that drive real business impact across industry verticals
- Opportunity to work with leading machine learning experts on cutting-edge problems
- Opportunities to develop relationships with a variety of industry decision-makers, subject-matter experts, software developers, and machine learning specialists
- Split time between your work duties and pursuing personal machine learning passion projects with mentoring from our machine learning experts
- Participate in feats of strength and lively company events that build your career toolkit while also enjoying a work-life balance
- Enjoy a comfortable company work environment located in downtown Toronto that encourages self-expression, creativity, honesty, and learning
- Amazing quality of life benefits: healthy snacks, gym memberships, travel accommodations, great health benefits, and more!
- Stock options possible after you have proven your impact on the job
- As needed: sponsorship for work visas
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.