Dessa is looking for a Systems Integration Engineer to help our Engineering team build and deploy enterprise-grade AI solutions with our clients. Working directly on client sites, the Systems Integration Engineer will collaborate with Dessa’s architects and engineers to deliver solutions that incorporates our proprietary platform for AI engineering, Foundations, with existing infrastructure and cutting-edge data technologies.
The Systems Integration Engineer will also collaborate cross-functionally to aid the development of Foundations. The person in this role will have a passion for building secure and scalable distributed systems, and be a champion of reliability on our Engineering team.
What will you do?
- Deploy Dessa’s software products along with best-in-class machine learning and data science tools to power Dessa’s enterprise client solutions
- Implement state-of-the-art system designs through hands-on development
- Collaborate with other architects and engineers to achieve scalable, highly-available, and resilient solutions
- Present detailed technical information and decisions to both internal and external team members verbally and in writing
- Support and resolve software engineering challenges faced by machine learning, data science, and data engineering experts in a fast-paced, delivery-focused and multi-disciplinary environment
- Interact closely with Product Engineering teams to help guide product direction
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of proven experience as a Software Engineer/Developer
- Experience developing backend services in Python, Java, Go or similar languages
- Demonstrable experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or similar development methodologies
- An Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math or similar undergraduate degree
- Experience with and appreciation for DevOps
- Strong technical and creative problem solving abilities
Nice to have:
- Experience delivering solutions at scale using cloud or on-premise infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure or enterprise datacenters)
- Knowledge of tools integral to continuous delivery and integration such as Docker, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes, Mesos, Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience working in high-growth technology companies
- Demonstrable machine learning, data science, or data engineering experience or knowledge
What’s in it for you?
- Work with purpose: contribute to deploying machine learning models that drive real business impact across industry verticals
- Opportunity to work with leading machine learning experts on cutting-edge problems
- Opportunities to develop relationships with a variety of industry decision-makers, subject-matter experts, software developers, and machine learning specialists
- Split time between your work duties and pursuing personal machine learning passion projects with mentoring from our machine learning experts
- Participate in feats of strength and lively company events that build your career toolkit while also enjoying a work-life balance
- Enjoy a comfortable company work environment located in downtown Toronto that encourages self-expression, creativity, honesty, and learning
- Amazing quality of life benefits: healthy snacks, gym memberships, travel accommodations, great health benefits, and more!
- Stock options possible after you have proven your impact on the job
- As needed: sponsorship for work visas
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.