We are looking for experienced Data Engineers to work on the frontlines of transforming large enterprises with state-of-the-art machine learning technology. This role will involve working directly on client sites with our Enterprise Solutions team, including senior business leaders, fellow data engineers, and applied machine learning experts.
As a Data Engineer at Dessa, you will be exposed to a vast range of interesting and complex problems that will require ingenuity, resilience and speed. If you are eager to help build a world-class applied AI company and industry leading tools, we'd love to hear from you. As part of a dynamic and growing team, you will be at the forefront of the AI revolution.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with clients and work closely with a team of machine learning engineers, software developers, product managers, and engagement managers on cutting-edge machine learning solutions
- Facilitate the development and deployment of Dessa's proprietary software platform Foundations
- Evolve Dessa’s data engineering capabilities through fun and creative projects that channel your passion for machine learning
What are the role's requirements?
- 3+ years of proven experience in design of data pipeline and data store systems
- Experience with the following software/tools: batch and streaming big data tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink etc.), relational and NoSQL databases (Postgres, Cassandra, etc.), data pipeline and workflow management tools (e.g. Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.), and cloud services related to data pipelines and data stores
- Ability to efficiently map out and work with various enterprise tech stacks
- Experience building production-grade data pipelines
- Commitment to lifelong learning and an equal commitment to teaching and mentorship
- Interest in and experience with Infrastructure as Code and DevOps, including developing and testing the infrastructure for the training of large-scale models
- A relevant technical undergraduate degree such as Engineering or Computer Science
Nice to have:
- Experience building logging and monitoring systems with the ELK stack or equivalent
- Ability to quickly perform complex queries and support feature engineering
- Familiarity with AI, machine learning, deep learning and related tools
- Experience using AWS/Azure/Google cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes, Puppet, Ansible
- Contributions to open-source or personal projects, combined with community involvement
- Domain knowledge in telecommunications, retail, insurance or finance
What’s in it for you?
- Work with purpose: contribute to deploying machine learning products that drive real business impact across industry verticals
- Opportunity to work with leading machine learning experts on cutting-edge problems
- Opportunities to develop relationships with a variety of industry decision-makers, subject-matter experts, software developers, and machine learning specialists
- Split time between your work duties and pursuing personal machine learning passion projects with mentoring from our machine learning experts
- Participate in feats of strength and lively company events that build your career toolkit while also enjoying a work-life balance
- Enjoy a comfortable company work environment located in downtown Toronto that encourages self-expression, creativity, honesty, and learning
- Amazing quality of life benefits: healthy snacks, gym memberships, travel accommodations, great health benefits, and more!
- Stock options possible after you have proven your impact on the job
- As needed: sponsorship for work visas
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.