We are looking for experienced Data Engineers to work on the frontlines of transforming large enterprises with state-of-the-art machine learning technology. This role will involve working directly on client sites with our Enterprise Solutions team, including senior business leaders, fellow data engineers, and applied machine learning experts.
As a Data Engineer at Dessa, you will be exposed to a vast range of interesting and complex problems that will require ingenuity, resilience and speed. If you are eager to help build a world-class applied AI company and industry leading tools, we'd love to hear from you. As part of a dynamic and growing team, you will be at the forefront of the AI revolution.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with clients and work closely with a team of machine learning engineers, software developers, product managers, and engagement managers on cutting-edge machine learning solutions
- Facilitate the development and deployment of Dessa's proprietary software platform Foundations
- Evolve Dessa’s data engineering capabilities through fun and creative projects that channel your passion for machine learning
What are the role's requirements?
- Expertise using major data platforms (e.g. HDFS, Spark, Storm, Kafka, etc.) and ability to build a diverse range of RDMS and NoSQL databases with ease
- Wizard-like ETL skills to navigate through EDLs, EDWs and legacy systems
- Ability to efficiently map out and work with various enterprise tech stacks
- Experience building production-grade data pipelines
- Commitment to lifelong learning and an equal commitment to teaching and mentorship
- Interest in and experience with Infrastructure as Code and DevOps, including developing and testing the infrastructure for the training of large-scale models
- A relevant technical undergraduate degree such as Engineering or Computer Science
Nice to have:
- Experience building logging and monitoring systems with the ELK stack or equivalent
- Ability to quickly perform complex queries and support feature engineering
- Familiarity with AI, machine learning, deep learning and related tools
- Experience using AWS/Azure/Google cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes, Puppet, Ansible
- Contributions to open-source or personal projects, combined with community involvement
- Domain knowledge in telecommunications, retail, insurance or finance
What’s in it for you?
- Work with purpose: contribute to producing real-world results with AI
- Opportunity to work with leading machine learning experts on cutting-edge problems
- Opportunities to develop relationships with a variety of industry decision-makers, subject-matter experts, software developers and machine learning specialists
- Split time between your work responsibilities and personal machine learning projects with mentorship from our machine learning experts