We are looking for an experienced Engagement Lead who can translate advanced AI applications into measurable business impact. In this role, you will have a chance to lead an amazing team of business and technical experts on a mission to enable client successes using cutting-edge machine learning technologies.
Working with clients across diverse industry verticals, as Engagement Lead you will help enterprise teams transform their organizations with AI, unlocking the technology's true potential. As part of a dynamic and quickly growing team at Dessa, you will be at the forefront of the AI revolution.
What will you do?
- Collaborate closely with clients to produce a customized roadmap of impactful AI solutions, taking into account both business and technical requirements
- Facilitate the design and development of customized AI solutions
- Lead client workshops and steering committee meetings
- Manage a team of machine learning engineers by creating work plans and identifying client deliverables
- Provide subject-matter expertise to assist in business development, including writing proposals, building use case materials and creating SOWs (Statements of Work)
- Be a trusted mentor that nourishes our growing team’s capabilities
What are the requirements for this role?
- 3+ years experience in Management Consulting, or previous hands-on experience in a related role working in data-intensive environments
- Demonstrable experience developing and facilitating successful client relationships from end-to-end
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field such as Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with wizard-like abilities in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, and demonstrated success navigating cultural and technical diversity
- Experience coding in Python, SQL or related programming languages
- Relevant industry expertise, ideally in financial services or operations
- A passion for applying technology to solve real business problems
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people in a rapidly changing, multi-disciplinary work environment
Nice to have:
- Expertise in AI, machine learning and/or deep learning
- Experience working with Spark, TensorFlow, Keras or related libraries
- Experience with data-related products, including statistics, data modeling, data science, distributed computing, and/or data analytics tools (Hadoop, R, SAS, Splunk, Spark, Flink, Kafka, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
- Work with purpose: contribute to deploying machine learning products that drive real business impact across industry verticals
- Opportunity to work with leading machine learning experts on cutting-edge problems
- Opportunities to develop relationships with a variety of industry decision-makers, subject-matter experts, software developers, and machine learning specialists
- Split time between your work duties and pursuing personal machine learning passion projects with mentoring from our machine learning experts
- Participate in feats of strength and lively company events that build your career toolkit while also enjoying a work-life balance
- Enjoy a comfortable company work environment located in downtown Toronto that encourages self-expression, creativity, honesty, and learning
- Amazing quality of life benefits: healthy snacks, gym memberships, travel accommodations, great health benefits, and more!
- Stock options possible after you have proven your impact on the job
- As needed: sponsorship for work visas
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.