We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about code craftsmanship, continuous improvement, agile development and test driven development to join our Engineering team as a Technical Lead . Experience crafting applications and tools using Python and extremely strong unit testing are a must.
Working with a diverse range of technologies and clients across industry verticals, you will have the opportunity to become a leading expert in delivering transformative machine learning solutions to industry designed for real-world results. As part of a vibrant and growing team, you will be at the frontier of the AI revolution.
What will you do?
- Contribute to the product’s vision and goals, as well as technical strategy
- Lead the team in building a best-in-class machine learning platform and related tools
- Oversee an exceptional group of engineers with a strong team-oriented culture
- Provide technical leadership to drive the design and deployment of extremely large Machine Learning Platform and suite of products
- Develop functional product prototypes in support of marketing, sales, andUX researchand discoveryefforts
- Debug,troubleshoot and fix issues across multiple browsers
- Actively take part in evangelism activities: e.g. giving tech talks, running webinars, leading internal hack-a-thons and coordinating lunch & learns / DoJos
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management and coaching
What do you need to succeed?
- 7+ years of proven experience as a Software Engineer/Developer delivering low latency websites or single page applications
- 2+ years of progressive leadership experience directing high visibility initiatives
- Experience developing backend services in Python
- Demonstrable experience with agile/SCRUM or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology
- An Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, or similar degree
- Penchant for great algorithm design and strong CS fundamentals
- Strong passion for QA, usability and accessibility
- Maniacal about TDD fundamentals, including experience with Gherkin language syntax
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people, and in a rapidly changing multi-disciplinary work environment
Nice to have:
- Experience delivering solutions at scale based on a variety of cloud and on-premises services (in the datacenter, AWS, Google, Azure, Digital Ocean, etc.)
- Knowledge of deployment and continuous integration platforms such as Docker, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes, Mesos, Jenkins, TeamCity or Gitlab CI
- Experience with high-growth technology companies, and in organizations that know how to compete and win
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative, able to operate effectively at a high level but also hands-on, execution-oriented, and capable of getting things done quickly
- Able to translate a long-term vision into a near-term, executable plan, including prioritizing and triaging effectively, deciding which projects to deliver first
- Demonstrable machine learning experience and knowledge
- Ensure community reach, having lead meetups, webinars, hacks, etc.
- Contributions to open-source or personal projects
What’s in it for you?
- Work with purpose: contribute to deploying machine learning products that drive real business impact across industry verticals
- Opportunity to work with leading machine learning experts on cutting-edge problems
- Opportunities to develop relationships with a variety of industry decision-makers, subject-matter experts, software developers, and machine learning specialists
- Split time between your work duties and pursuing personal machine learning passion projects with mentoring from our machine learning experts
- Participate in feats of strength and lively company events that build your career toolkit while also enjoying a work-life balance
- Enjoy a comfortable company work environment located in downtown Toronto that encourages self-expression, creativity, honesty, and learning
- Amazing quality of life benefits: healthy snacks, gym memberships, travel accommodations, great health benefits, and more!
- Stock options possible after you have proven your impact on the job
- As needed: sponsorship for work visas
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.