Working with a diverse range of technologies and clients across industry verticals, you will have the opportunity to become a leading expert in building developer tools for machine learning solutions to industry designed for real-world results. As part of a vibrant and growing team, you will be at the frontier of the AI revolution.
What will you do?
- Contribute to the product’s vision and goals, based on the organization’s technical strategy
- Be part of a growing team of experts building a best-in-class machine learning platform
- Work alongside and learn from an exceptional group of engineers with a strong team-oriented culture and test driven development culture
- Drive the design and deployment of extremely large Machine Learning as a Service web applications and suite of products
- Develop functional product prototypes in support of marketing, sales, and UX efforts
- Debug,troubleshoot and fix issues
- Actively take part in educational activities: e.g. giving tech talks, running webinars, leading internal hack-a-thons and coordinating lunch & learns / DoJos
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of proven experience delivering scalable, distributed platforms in Python
- Hands-on experience developing backend services in Python
- Demonstrable experience with agile/SCRUM or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology
- An Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, or similar undergraduate degree
- Penchant for great algorithm design and strong CS fundamentals
- Strong passion for QA, usability and accessibility
- Fundamental understanding of TDD practices
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people, and in a rapidly changing multi-disciplinary work environment
Nice to have:
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an inherent sense of urgency and accountability
- Experience delivering solutions at scale based on a variety of cloud and on-premises services (in the datacenter, AWS, Google, Azure, Digital Ocean, etc.)
- Flexible and adaptable in the face of a rapidly changing market environment
- Data-driven and “quantitative” mentality; grounded, detail-oriented, always backs up ideas with facts
- An advanced degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline
- Demonstrable machine learning experience and knowledge
- Contributions to open-source or personal projects
What’s in it for you?
- Work with purpose: contribute to deploying machine learning models that drive real business impact across industry verticals
- Opportunity to work with leading machine learning experts on cutting-edge problems
- Opportunities to develop relationships with a variety of industry decision-makers, subject-matter experts, software developers, and machine learning specialists
- Split time between your work duties and pursuing personal machine learning passion projects with mentoring from our machine learning experts
- Participate in feats of strength and lively company events that build your career toolkit while also enjoying a work-life balance
- Enjoy a comfortable company work environment located in downtown Toronto that encourages self-expression, creativity, honesty, and learning
- Amazing quality of life benefits: healthy snacks, gym memberships, travel accommodations, great health benefits, and more!
- Stock options possible after you have proven your impact on the job
- As needed: sponsorship for work visas
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.