Our mission is to advance product innovation with metal 3D printing. Current metal 3D printers are out of reach for most engineers and designers. They are industrial, cost-prohibitive, and can be dangerous. We are making an affordable, office-friendly system so that every design and engineering team has the ability to 3D print with metal.
Desktop Metal is located 30min outside of Boston. We've raised over $200 million from investors that include Google, BMW, NEA, KPCB and GE, and have put together a talented team of engineers, materials scientists, and startup veterans. Join us as we change the way products are designed and produced with metal.
- Implementation and testing of new tool path algorithms
- Manipulation of 3d models to optimize for printing
- Coordinating with multi-disciplinary teams to identify bugs and test new functionality
- Previous work with slicer codebases (Cura, Slic3r, Simplify3D, etc)
- Clipper 2D polygon library
- JSON data structure knowledge
- Knowledge of GCODE machine control languagePreferred Experiences
- ThreeJS and/or OpenGL
- NodeJS, Meteor, MongoDB
- Knowledge of CNC CAM software
- Embedded Firmware for 3D printers
- Knowledge of 3D modeling