Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
Are you a results-driven, experienced professional passionate about driving revenue growth through strategic partnerships and channel relationships? We are seeking a dynamic Channel Sales Manager to join our team at DM. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for expanding our market reach and enhancing our sales performance through managing and optimizing our channel partnerships. If you have a proven track record of exceeding sales targets, building and nurturing strong channel relationships, and are ready to take on a leadership position, we invite you to explore this exciting opportunity with us.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned Partner accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of Desktop Metal personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ and customer satisfaction.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts and region.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process for performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other sales channels through excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Manages lead distribution activity to multiple partners in the assigned region.
- Maintains accurate sales forecasting data and regular communication to management using tools provided.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements and programs.
- Represents Desktop Metal at Key Industry Events.
- Recruits/Replaces partners as required to grow overall business responsibly.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Achieves assigned sales quota for the region and individual partner accounts.
- Maintains high partner satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- BA/BS Degree – technical focus preferred.
- 5+ years of channel sales experience in a technology-based capital equipment B2B environment.
- 3D Print/Additive Manufacturing Experience highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of product development and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Strong basic computer skills – (word/excel/powerpoint/CRM).
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This is a remote location position – typically from a home office.
- Requires extensive travel to partner, event, and end customer locations, as well as visits to DM Headquarters in Burlington, MA.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.