Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
We are currently seeking a Chemical Technician at our Burlington MA location who is comfortable working in a chemical laboratory environment.
- Accurately formulate chemical mixtures in the laboratory according to formulations and procedures developed by senior chemical engineers and maintain meticulous batch records and observations.
- Characterize physical properties of chemical solutions such as pH, viscosity, surface tension, and other functional tests according to written test procedures as well as maintain accurate test records.
- Maintain lab supply inventory and conduct restocking.
- Organize/analyze data and communicate experimental conclusions to the team in oral and/or written form.
- Review, edit, and write SOPs for procedures related to primary lab responsibilities.
In addition, the Chemical Technician will:
- Contribute intellectually to the team by sharing ideas for product and process improvements.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by adhering to DM safety and chemical hygiene policies.
- Maintaining chemical inventory records and ordering materials.
- Wear proper PPE including respiratory protection.
- Work well in a highly collaborative team structure with rapidly shifting priorities.
- 4 year experience working in a laboratory environment with chemical preparation and analytical equipment or entry level Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or other related fields.
- Experience in operating 3D printers and/or development of inkjettable fluids is a definite plus.
- Proficiency in Google Doc, Sheets & Slides or Microsoft equivalent.
- Familiarity with basic statistics is required.
- Familiarity with DOE software packages such as JMP or Minitab is a plus.
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.