Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. Due to the rapid nature of our business and scaling team we are looking for a self-starter, fast learner, who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and deliver the necessary results.
What does a systems engineer do?
You will be part of a talented and diverse team of many superb technical competencies, delivering mission-critical infrastructure and systems and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Manage and monitor systems and infrastructure across multiple sites.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test applications and system performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with the appropriate team(s) to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency to reduce or eliminate the human intervention time on tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide an escalation point to various team members
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Willingness to learn and mentor team members
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent work experience.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting heterogenous based environments (Windows, Linux, macOS).
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V, Proxmox, Virtual Box, Docker)
- Experience with infrastructure and network monitoring solutions
- Experience with automation software and Infrastructure as Code (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., PowerShell, Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Accustomed to working with change control management
- Elite problem solver
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.