Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
Desktop Metal was selected as one of the world’s 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by World Economic Forum; named to MIT Technology Review’s list of 50 Smartest Companies; named by the Boston Globe as one of the Best Places to Work in Boston and recognized among the most important innovations in engineering in Popular Science’s “Best of What’s New.”
We are presently seeking an experienced and self-motivated Senior Production Planner to support our revenue production programs with our Global Supply Base. They will also be adaptable and able to thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
The Senior Production Planner will be responsible for:
- The Senior Production Planner will have responsibility for the supply chain production planning execution of the products manufactured within their assigned finished goods/subassemblies, including the processes which impact production scheduling, capacity planning, and inventory management through all of the product life cycle phases to ensure demand and supply are aligned
- The role will involve a high degree of change management as they continue to balance the often conflicting goals of inventory reduction, delivery performance improvement, optimization of capacity usage, and production throughput lead time reduction in an effort to deliver the optimal results for the business
- Determine the production schedule based on materials available.
- Review, release and close out production jobs to ensure proper inventory movement.
- Drive shortages and work with team members cross-functionally to break through problems.
- Manage ERP system requirements and set up MRP for future requirements.
- Help support overall operations in production environment
- Support the Change Order and MRB Processes for all activities to minimize impacts to customer order fulfillment, inventory plan attainment, and production schedules. All other essential duties as directed
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or supply chain management required
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in electro-mechanical, or equivalent work history required
- Experience working in both development and manufacturing environments
- Experience with various software tools for managing workflow
- Capable of collecting data and utilizing to inform data driven decisions
- Demonstrated capability to contribute at a high level both individually and leading teams
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to process and analyze data to drive improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- ERP systems
- Additive manufacturing
- 3D printing
- Knowledge of G-Suite and MS Office Applications
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.