Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
Desktop Health, a division of Desktop Metal, is a new company that is leveraging additive manufacturing and advanced materials to personalize patient care. Desktop Health is vertically integrated to develop, manufacture and commercialize applications across a range of healthcare specialties. The company is rapidly focused on leveraging its bio printing capabilities across several key specialties.
We are looking for a Business Success Manager who will join us on the ground level as we build technology to drive the advancement of personalized healthcare. This role is best suited for a technical sales professional with a proven track record in providing solutions in the industrial or business to business marketplace. You’ll be responsible for territorial quota attainment in 3D Printing & Additive Manufacturing solutions from our digital dentistry product line (printers, equipment, and materials). You will be focused on selling to the dental industry and other healthcare markets.
We are hiring in multiple regions across the US. This position is remote with travel within a geographic region.
- Prospect, account calls, demonstrations and marketing activities that generate demand and consistent pipeline for assigned products
- Recruiting, training, managing, and assisting in closing complex sales opportunities within our expanding dealer network
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual unit and revenue sales targets
- Investigate and understand the internal business processes of potential clients; and strategize, present and demonstrate a tailored technology solution
- Manage business activities of the assigned territory and provide detailed, informative and accurate quarterly forecasts
- Coordinate with other groups, departments and individuals within the company to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in technology sales or capital equipment sales, preferably to product development and manufacturing organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering preferred
- Rapid Prototyping or 3D Printing sales experience preferred
- Must have proven success calling on key decision makers and moving technical groups or committees to action
- Strong prospecting skills and the ability to develop business thru marketing and other lead generation activities
- Customer focused and service oriented
- Ability to learn new skills, adapt to changing environments and show attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work within teams
- Excellent communication both written and verbal skills
- Proficient problem solving and analytical ability
- Travel required up to 50%
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.