At Desktop Metal, our mission is to accelerate the transformation of design and manufacturing with end-to-end 3D printing solutions. We are focused on addressing unmet challenges of speed, cost, quality, and ease of use to make metal and composite 3D printing and essential tool for engineers and manufacturers around the world - from prototyping to mass production.
The Product team at Desktop Metal oversees product marketing and product management across our portfolio of metal and composite 3D printers. We are responsible for understanding the needs of the customer and ensuring that our products bring about the transformational impact that 3D printing is capable of. From the local machine shop to the global Fortune 50 manufacturer, we aim to deliver innovative, industry leading products that bring metal 3D printing mainstream.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Senior Product Manager who is passionate about new manufacturing technology and excels at bridging the technical and business worlds to deliver innovative products to our customers. You will lead cross functional teams to define, bring to market, and manage the roadmap of our industry-leading metal 3D printing products to meet the needs of our customers and our business.
- Work with key stakeholders and customers to assess market needs and own the entire product roadmap for the company’s binder jet 3D printer line to ensure a sustained competitive advantage in the market
- Develop case studies, user personas and general marketing requirements and translate them into actionable product requirements for the development team that provide clear direction and highlight key features needed to achieve commercial success
- Partner with the marketing and business development team to set positioning, messaging, segmentation, pricing and go-to-market strategy for each product launch throughout the binder jet 3D printer product portfolio
- Create and manage process, documentation, and project management tools to ensure coordination at all levels of the organization and provide a foundation for all derivative training, support, marketing and sales collateral development
- Engage with customers, partners and industry experts to understand key industry trends and gather constant feedback to inform all product strategy and development decision making
- 4 - 8 years of product management experience, ideally with venture-backed startups
- BS in technical field required, MechE/MBA preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset as a self-starting, high energy individual with ability to develop and execute complex plans to reach the product’s and company’s objectives
- Proven track record of managing multiple parallel workstreams and seamlessly moving between deeply technical product requirements and high level business strategy
- Excellent project management skills to keep cross-functional teams aligned and provide robust documentation throughout the product lifecycle
- Detail oriented while also able to summarize and consolidate data into meaningful recommendations and actionable next steps
- Experience in 3D printing or advanced manufacturing preferred