Desktop Metal is looking for an experienced technical writer who has a passion for new technology, instructional content, and user experience.
As a technical writer at Desktop Metal, you will oversee and drive the creation of all instructional content across 4 product lines. Instructional content includes User Manuals, Site Prep Guides, Knowledge Base articles, Service Procedures, etc. We are looking for someone who can easily identify and understand the critical information users need and work in a fast-paced environment to create excellent technical product documentation.
Please include a portfolio with writing samples with your résumé and cover letter.
- Create clear, correct, and actionable product documentation for 3D printer hardware, software, and materials
- Work closely with Customer Support, Engineering, and the Product Manager to prioritize and write instructional content
- Supply the Customer Support team members with the documentation needed to troubleshoot and provide clear guidance to users
- Own all stages of content development: concept, outline, draft, revise, publish
- Manage the Desktop Metal Knowledge Base (take completed work from DM teammates and publish inconsistent format; maintain the knowledge base design and content, including the “library/inventory” of articles; make sure that KB is organized also for other products/features/changes)
- 5+ years experience creating clear, actionable technical content
- Comfortable providing and receiving feedback about written work
- Demonstrated skills understanding the user audience and researching technical specifications
- Have experience compiling easy-to-follow, concise, well-formatted information for an audience
- Excellent attention to details related to spelling, grammar, and formatting according to defined styles
- Several years of experience writing for cloud-based software and hardware
- Experience writing instructions for multiple types of physical hardware
- Familiar with regulations for machine safety and instructions
- Writing and publishing articles in Zendesk, including defining content structure
- High attention to detail: visual perfectionist
Desktop Metal is accelerating the transformation of manufacturing with 3D printing solutions. Founded in 2015 by leaders in advanced manufacturing, metallurgy, and robotics, the company is addressing the unmet challenges of speed, cost, and quality to make 3D printing an essential tool for engineers, designers and manufacturers around the world.
Since its inception, the company has raised $438 million in financing with a portfolio of strategic partners and investors, including Ford Motor Company, GV (formerly Google Ventures), GE Ventures, BMW iVentures, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Lowe’s, New Enterprise Associates (NEA) and more. In addition, Desktop Metal has been selected as one of the world’s 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by the World Economic Forum and named to MIT Technology Review’s list of 50 Smartest Companies. The company has also been named one of the 2018 Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal and a 2017 Top Place to Work by the Boston Globe.
Located just outside of Boston, Desktop Metal is continuing to grow its team of experts and is looking to hire curious, passionate and driven engineers, scientists, and designers.