Desktop Metal, based in Burlington, Massachusetts is reinventing the way engineering and manufacturing teams produce metal parts - from prototyping through mass production. Our mission is to advance product innovation with metal 3D printing. Founded in 2015 by leaders in advanced manufacturing, metallurgy, and robotics, the company is addressing the unmet challenges of speed, cost, and quality to make metal 3D printing an essential tool for engineers and manufacturers around the world. Desktop Metal has raised a total of $438 million in financing. Among the company’s investors include NEA, KDT, BMW, GOOGLE, Ford, and KPCB.
In 2017, Desktop Metal was selected as one of the world’s 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by World Economic Forum; named to MIT Technology Review’s list of 50 Smartest Companies; named by the Boston Globe as one of the Best Places to Work in Boston and recognized among the most important innovations in engineering in Popular Science’s “2017 Best of What’s New.”
ABOUT THE JOB
The Production System™ Software Development team at Desktop Metal is responsible for developing the software that operates our Production 3D printers and supporting equipment.. We are seeking a motivated Software Product Manager who is passionate about new manufacturing technology and excels at taking software products from ideas to the the final product. You will work on the Production System™ Software team along with other cross functional software and hardware teams to define and deliver industry leading metal 3D printing software products that meet the needs of our customers and our business.
- Work with key stakeholders to assess internal and external customer needs and own the project’s product roadmap to ensure delivery of robust software.
- Develop case studies, user personas and general requirements and translate them into actionable product requirements for the software development team that provide clear direction and highlight key features needed to achieve commercial success.
- Contribute to the teams Agile development process by maintaining the backlog, and triaging new issues and feature requests.
- Lead requirements gathering effort on the epics as needed while consulting with product management, engineers, implementation, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Attend daily scrum meetings including standups, planning, demos, and retrospectives.
- Lead backlog grooming to decompose and estimate stories.
- Answer questions from developers and clarify requirements.
- Provide documentation for new features, workflows, acceptance criteria, and release notes.
- Engage with internal and external customers to set the product direction.
- Demonstrate the latest iterations to internal/external customers and gather feedback.
- Informing leadership of project progress and risks.
- Presenting plans to technical and leadership teams
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- 2-4 years of software/hardware product management experience, ideally with venture-backed startups
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Previous Scrum/Agile experience with an in-depth understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Entrepreneurial mindset as a self-starting, high energy individual with ability to develop and execute complex plans to reach the product’s and company’s objectives
- Proven track record of managing multiple parallel workstreams.
- Excellent project management skills to keep a Software Development team aligned and focused.
- Detail oriented while also able to summarize and consolidate data into meaningful recommendations and actionable next steps
- Experience in 3D printing, 3D software, and working on a software/hardware team.
- Experience in fast-paced technology development roles.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with the team, leadership, management, and internal and external stakeholders