If you have a passion for interior design and enjoy building relationships in the local design community, a Design Within Reach studio is the place for you! Our Studios serve as both a retail environment and as community centers for design, inviting constant interaction between the customer, our furniture and our team. DWR’s Studio Sales & Design Specialists are product and sales experts who work to tell the story behind the product by esteemed designers such as Charles and Ray Eames and Jens Risom as well as leading manufacturers like Herman Miller and Knoll. Sales & Design Specialists grow their client network through in-home visits to clients and trade visits to local industry firms and professionals. As an Sales & Design Specialist, you'll report to the Studio Proprietor.
What you’ll do:
You'll have opportunities to design spaces, reach goals, build sales and build relationships every day as you...
- Grow your business on a weekly basis utilizing company programs and tools.
- Work strategically to expand the client’s connection to the DWR brand and facilitate outreach in your local design community.
- Develop and maintain product and design knowledge and industry awareness.
- Manage the full client lifecycle to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Facilitate the DWR client experience and become an expert on educating clients on each product’s story and details.
- Travel for in-home client consultations and visits to local trade professionals.
- Attend studio meetings, participate in product trainings, share information amongst peers and utilize the web and catalog to foster constant growth of product knowledge base.
- Assist in maintaining the Studio's design and visual standards using merchandising guidelines.
- Fulfill client needs and resolve issues in a manner consistent with DWR's client experience.
- Collaborate with fellow associates and promote a positive team spirit.
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following skills and abilities...
- Background in interior design or architecture.
- Retail sales experience or customer success experience.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external parties both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify client needs, problem solve and to understand and explain product features and benefits.
- Experience with a POS system and proficiency with MS Office software, web navigation and 3D rendering programs preferred.
- Able to routinely move objects weighing over 20 pounds and to understand safety requirements.
DWR Sales & Design Specialists are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, green transit subsidy and more.
Design Within Reach provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.