About this Opportunity
The Talent Acquisition Team is responsible for all aspects of recruiting at Herman Miller. They play a crucial role in creating exceptional experiences for candidates from the moment they meet Herman Miller throughout their hiring journey. Through ownership and influence of the recruitment process, this team makes sure that the right talent is placed in the right role at the right time.
As a Talent Recruiter, you'll recruit top quality talent for both nonexempt office and exempt professional, technical, and managerial positions. This includes sourcing, interviewing, skills assessment, and candidate evaluation. You’ll build strong relationships with hiring managers to ensure your ability to influence, guide, and drive the recruitment process. You'll also assist in developing and implementing innovative recruitment programs and HR-related training. All of your activities will support and be consistent with our diversity, affirmative action, and equal employment objectives.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It’s the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Develop, drive, and execute comprehensive search strategies to recruit top talent, including competitive research, industry knowledge, networking, and direct sourcing.
- Employ strategic consulting and influencing skills to provide staffing expertise and recommendations to your client groups.
- Interview, assess, and close candidates for assigned requisitions while supporting our diversity, affirmative action, and equal employment opportunity goals.
- Network and maintain relationships with diverse key talent communities to proactively build talent pipelines.
- Own and drive the hiring process and strategy for your client group by managing the complete recruitment process and Talent Relationship Management model from initial contact to onboarding, including managing the interview process, background checks, and new hire process.
- Partner with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to understand the needs of the client group, qualifications for the position, and needs of the department.
- Represent Herman Miller Group at job fairs and college and industry events in relation to attracting talent to the organization.
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field, or equivalent professional work experience. A PHR or SPHR certification is preferred.
- Three to four years of Recruitment/HR experience that includes the development and implementation of search strategies and conducting professional behavioral based interviews, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Prefer retail recruiting experience.
- Knowledge of the current statutory and regulatory environment in which employment activities are conducted.
- Experience in and current knowledge of web-based recruitment tools and internet software applications.
- The ability to leverage a variety of diverse external networks to expand the potential recruiting pool.
- A passion for and experience with identifying, screening, interviewing, and closing candidates.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone who wants to do great work and be part of a winning team. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We’re committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.