DWR is hiring an Assistant Manager to join our Virtual Studio team. As the Assistant Manager, you'll work in partnership with the General Manager to ensure the success of the sales and support teams. As the Assistant Manager, you'll provide leadership and support to the Studio team and handle management responsibilities in the absence of the General Manager. Assistant Managers balance their time between working with clients to make sales and provide exceptional service, and supporting the General Manager with various leadership initiatives, including sales coaching, talent acquisition and training. As an Assistant Manager, you will report to the General Manager for Virtual Studio.
What you’ll do:
You'll have opportunities to design, achieve and build relationships every day as you...
- Grow your business on a weekly basis, using company programs and tools.
- Work to expand the client’s connection to the DWR brand and promote outreach in your local design community.
- Directly manage the Sales Assistant.
- Manage the full client lifecycle to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Create client floorplans and design presentations.
- Facilitate the DWR client experience and become an expert in educating clients on each product’s story and details.
- Attend Studio meetings, participate in product trainings, share information among peers and utilize the DWR website and catalog to foster continual growth of product knowledge base.
- Fulfill customer needs and resolve issues in a manner consistent with DWR Client Experience guidelines.
- Collaborate with fellow Associates and promote positive team spirit.
- Support HERO, our virtual selling platform, use and role responsibility, scheduling and performance
- Ordering swatch samples where needed to accommodate client requests to support design needs
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following experience, skills and abilities:
- Background in interior design or architecture preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of retail leadership experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external parties both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify client needs, problem solve and understand and explain product features and benefits.
- Experience with a POS system and proficiency with MS Office software, Gmail, web navigation and 3-D rendering programs.
- Able to routinely move objects weighing more than 20 pounds and to understand safety requirements.
- Schedule flexibility to meet the demands of our clients and promotions, which requires working on weekends and holidays, and one hour before and after operating hours
As an Assistant Manager you'll be eligible for DWR's comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, green transit subsidy, 401k and more.
Design Within Reach provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.