The HR Manager is a trusted business partner to retail team’s corporate functions and NYC metro region of the retail field organization; providing HR leadership and tactical support for the following areas: employee relations, compensation and benefits, policies & procedures, payroll, organizational design, learning and development and employee engagement, talent acquisition.
What you’ll do:
You'll have opportunities to design, achieve and build relationships every day as you...
- Provide thought partnership to leaders and employees
- Counsel and coach employees at all levels of the organization to resolve conflicts, provide advice on personnel issues and promote development.
- Actively meet with managers to discuss issues and work with managers to determine best course of action.
- Conduct investigations and act as neutral third party in resolution of employee relation issues.
- Assist managers with performance management including performance warnings and terminations.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Participate in unemployment hearings, fact find hearings and manage any complaints alongside legal counsel.
- In partnership with the HR Director and legal team, develop and implement HR policies and procedures that support the company’s strategic plans while ensuring compliance with federal and local laws and requirements.
- Ensure all work sites comply with required postings & employee notices.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Manage mandatory company compliance trainings.
- Analyze quarterly and annual employee engagement results with WTL’s.
- Identify trends and partner with WTL’s and their employees to create action planning.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Partner with L&D team to provide tools and resources for learning & development trainings.
- Partner with payroll specialist to process all employee changes, manual checks, and monthly commission payments.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all input.
- Partner with TA team to provide tools for field managers to ensure consistent recruitment and hiring practices.
- Manage approval process to post and hire with Management team
- Guide the field with hiring decisions.
- Manage and ensure headcount is approved in budget forecast with the Finance team.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data, and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Maintain working knowledge of all benefits offered by company, in order to effectively provide employees with information and answer general questions.
- Additional tasks/projects as assigned.
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following skills and abilities...
- 5-8 years of HR Manager and generalist experience preferably in a retail or distribution center environment with recruiting, payroll, benefits and HRIS experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Problem-solving skills; extremely detail-oriented, proactive and organized.
- Ability to communicate sensitive information to appropriate contacts in a confidential manner.
- Handle confidential/sensitive issues with diplomacy and fairness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-directed, professional and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects while managing deadlines.
- Demonstrate integrity, maturity and a constructive approach to challenges.
- Understanding of HR metrics and related reporting.
- Knowledge of current HR laws including ADA, FMLA, Workers' Comp, EEO, COBRA, HIPPA, Labor Law, and OSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio; working knowledge of UltiPro is a plus.
As a Human Resources Manager, you'll be eligible for Herman Miller Retail's comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, green transit subsidy and more.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabilities).