We are seeking a seasoned Customer Service Manager that has a deep passion for delivering amazing customer experiences. This individual will lead, develop and grow a team of service specialists that support two exciting retail brands, Design Within Reach and HAY. This role will partner and collaborate with teams across the business – marketing, social, ecommerce, studios, customer care, business intelligence, etc. – to build a best-in-class customer experience. In this role, you will help architect the customer service and support strategy, systems, and operational processes, including potential future service and support offerings. You will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The Customer Service Manager provides strong leadership, service strategy and operational expertise to best serve the needs of our direct customers. You will deliver consistent, excellent customer experience for our family of brands via all communication channels including phone, email, chat, customer surveys, social media, and text.
What you’ll do:
You'll have opportunities to design, achieve and build relationships every day as you...
- Safeguard contact center activities to run as efficiently and as smoothly as possible
- Promote the general image of the company in a positive manner
- Provide coaching, recognition, guidance, and training to the customer service team. Actively take part and be knowledgeable in all Product launches and marketing campaigns as well as reach all the given goals provided by our company and supervisor
- Monitor and ensure quality responses to all customer inquiries
- Provide one touch resolution to all customer service inquiries by training and empowering the customer service team wherever possible
- Ensure supervision and coverage across all hours, including weekends and holidays as needed based on continued retail expansion and growth
- Write and manage internal policies and procedures to effectively deliver customer-centric experiences while focused on the overall expense to the business
- Accomplish customer service human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, training, and coaching employees while increasing employee satisfaction
- Plan, monitor, appraise, and review job contributions of the team through established KPI’s and SLA targets
- Enforce company policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to create a feedback loop fostering continuous improvement in all aspects of the business
- Identify customer service trends and determines system improvements
- Determine customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers Improves customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes and establishing and communicating service metrics and monitoring and analyzing results
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Have the ability to work evenings and weekends as required
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following skills and abilities...
- 5 years leadership experience or equivalent experience in a customer service environment with experience building, scaling and managing a customer service organization
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to influence and motivate others on customer satisfaction, change, and new business strategies.
- Professional communication, negotiation, listening, empathy, & conflict resolution in dealing with individual contacts from various levels and locations (both internal and external) and able to present a positive image both within the corporation and to the public
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills; time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Proven results improving customer satisfaction through established SLA’s and KPI’s
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to use data to model, plan and operate/manage
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations
- Fluent with Contact Center call software and high technology acumen
- Associates degree required, Bachelors preferred
- 3-5 years managing a Contact Center
As a Customer Service Manager, you'll be eligible for DWR's comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, green transit subsidy and more.
Design Within Reach provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.