This position is responsible for window and in-store graphic messaging and display. They will work directly with marketing and brand art director to create compelling window displays, window messaging, and in store signage. This position reports directly into the Sr. Visual Merchandising Manager.
- Conducts daily and weekly walkthroughs, by location, to determine maintenance strategy and prepares for next installation
- Assist in the execution of window-set maintenance all for stores, including repositioning product, re-propping, re-merchandising, and sourcing alternative product for window sets
- Works with Senior Manager Visual Merchandising in executing interim window display strategies for critical vacancies
- Effectively partners with Retail Staff during installations and changeovers
- Demonstrates ability to execute window designs and installation in multiple locations on a rolling calendar
- Exhibits willingness to conduct installations outside of standard working and retail store hours (i.e., evenings after 9pm, and weekends)
- Maintains company Visual standards through emails, conference calls, store visits
- Assists PR and Wholesale for showroom presentations as needed
- Assists with store set up for store events.
- Creates all Visual Directives for field implementation
- Able to travel to store locations & Wholesale accounts for visual trainings and merchandising.
Education and Experience
- 4-6 years of management experience in Visual Merchandising and/or Interior Design preferably in a fast paced retail environment
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- A high level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence and at a level appropriate to the audience, resulting in effective working relationships.
- The ability to lead, influence, solve problems, and work with all levels in the organization and in a cross-functional environment. An expert ability to think systemically and strategically and execute tactically.
- Project management experience including managing a team
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, In-Design), Microsoft Office, and Sketch Up preferred
- Successful experience with change management principles and demonstrated ability to drive and manage the change process from strategic planning through implementation and follow-thru.
- Demonstrated excellent coaching, mentoring, and people development skills.
As the Manager of Visual Services - Herman Miller, you'll be eligible for Herman Miller Retail's comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, green transit subsidy and more.
Herman Miller Retail provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.