Herman Miller Retail is currently looking for talented, energetic, and creative individuals for our exciting new Fulton Market location. Our Fulton Market store will be a shared space and will consist of our three growing retail brands; Design Within Reach, HAY, and Herman Miller. As a Part Time Sales Assistant, you will be vital in supporting all three.
Herman Miller Fulton Market is the perfect environment to grow your career in the interior design industry. Our studio serves as both a retail environment and as community center for design, inviting constant interaction between the customer, our furniture and our team. Our Studio Sales Assistants learn the business every day through assisting with all aspects of sales support, from facilitating the client experience to post-sale client care across our three brands: Herman Miller, DWR, and HAY. This role provides exposure to various aspects of sales, operations, inventory management, interior design and retail visuals within the Studio while providing support to the Studio management team. Studio Sales Assistants own various projects that build strategic skills, help generate sales and provide an exceptional client experience, consistent with the Herman Miller mission. As a Sales Assistant, you'll report to the Assistant Manager.
You'll have opportunities to speak up, build relationships and grow your design skills every day as you:
- Assist with sales support and post-sale follow-up, including processing EAD requests, placing orders, resolving delivery issues, completing special orders and processing part requests.
- Work across DWR, HAY and Herman Miller spaces as needed to support the new location holistically.
- Assist Sales Associates with all aspects of the DWR client experience, including greeting clients and welcoming them to the studio, as needed.
- Lead Studio operations such as ordering, organizing and maintaining fabric swatch samples, maintaining Studio product inventory and escalating facilities issues.
- Maintain inventory of all Studio marketing collateral such as catalogs, sale signage, seasonal promotional items and office supplies.
- Tag all furniture on the sales floor and ensure accurate vendor information and pricing.
- Work strategically to expand the client’s connection to the three Herman Miller retail brands and facilitate outreach in the local design community.
- Partner with Sales Associates to assist with 3-D renderings and shadow on in-home consultations and trade visits.
- Assist in building and maintaining current relationships with trade contacts in the local area.
- Research potential trade and developer clients for outreach and business development.
- Build strong working relationships with fellow associates and corporate contacts.
- Attend Studio meetings, participate in product trainings, share information among peers and utilize the HM, DWR, and HAY websites and catalog to foster continual growth of product knowledge base and knowledge of the design industry.
- Maintain all sales operations tasks and ensure timely follow-up regarding specific inquiries and issues.
- Maintain the appearance of the Studio and product by complying with corporate visual merchandising standards and directives.
- Network with clients via phone and email to inform them of promotions and Studio events
This might be you if you have the following skills and abilities...
- Background in interior design or architecture
- Retail sales experience or customer success experience preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills – always willing to “go the extra mile.”
- Team player: cooperative, builds relationships easily and support of peers, and encourages collaboration
- Proficiency with Mac OS, MS Office software, Gmail and web navigation
- POS operations preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and regularly move items such as catalog boxes, water cases and product
Herman Miller Retail provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.