About This Role
Hello prospective pickle! We are looking for a proven, dynamic and strategic Creative Production Manager to lead one of our Production Teams. The ideal candidate will have deep operational expertise and an understanding of creative processes and tools that allow our creative teams to streamline and simplify working methods, increase output, and deliver high-quality creative in sustainable ways. You will be a key member of the Creative Operations team and will support the overall function of managing service delivery for a wide range of clients.
If you are passionate about getting your hands dirty, driving transformational outcomes, and managing highly productive creative teams, this is the ideal opportunity for you!
Reports to: Vice President of Creative Operations
On a daily basis, works closely with Creative, Customer Success, and Product teams.
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We’re a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don’t stress if pickles aren’t your thing. It’s not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees’ uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we’re looking for individuals who have...
- 7+ years of experience in creative operations, preferably with agency or in-house creative production team experience.
- 5+ years of experience in an agency or in-house production environment with a demonstrated ability to manage production teams.
- Good understanding of commonly used creative tools (e.g., Abode, Canva, Figma), collaboration tools (e.g., Slack, Teams), and project management tools (e.g., Workfront, Asana)
- Expertise and hands-on knowledge of creative and content production - design, copy, advertising, digital, social media, video and motion graphics - ensuring customer expectations for speed and quality are met.
- Experience creating and maintaining detailed process documentation.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and strategic planning skills.
- Fluency with Google Workspace, Slack, Jira, and Confluence.
- Demonstrated success with developing and deploying process improvements and workflow enhancements that resulted in streamlined and efficient operational processes.
- Outstanding level of customer service and support.
- Stellar verbal and written communication that help you connect with a range of people, including both creative and non-creative audiences.
- Intellectual curiosity and are consistently learning and staying up to date on creative trends in the creative industry and production capabilities.
- Demonstrable experience working with minimal oversight.
- Ability to successfully manage projects with strict deadlines, organize work effectively across team members, and reprioritize as new demands arise.
- Hands-on attitude and willingness to get into the weeds and contribute to any effort. All leaders, including senior leadership, are not here to just tell people what to do. They are here to get stuff done.
- Passion for our purpose - to be the most helpful creative company in the world.
Bonus Pickle Points:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or a related field.
- Experience managing global talent workforces
- Hands-on experience implementing, managing, and/or scaling digital asset management systems.
- Knowledge of customer success, support, and/or outsourcing is a plus.
- Experience in technology-enabled services or self-service software solutions.
$75,000 - $93,000 per year
The compensation range for this position $75,000 - $93,000 annually. The actual salary offer to a candidate will be made with mindful consideration of many factors. These factors include but are not limited to skills, qualifications, education/knowledge, experience, and alignment with market data for a given location within the US. In addition to base salary, some positions may be eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses or commissions. This salary data is for our US-based positions only.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Lead one of our Global Production Teams by managing the delivery of creative services, optimizing operational processes, and overseeing capacity planning and staffing. This role involves continuously seeking ways to improve creative output and enhance client experience, ensuring efficient and effective delivery of services
- Audit operational processes and recommend changes that consistently raise the bar on speed, quality, and efficiency with our global network of creatives.
- Develop feedback loops for continuous improvement and iteration.
- Build processes that improve creative development, asset management, capacity planning, resource allocation, performance management, and effective communication across internal teams and external clients and partners.
- Monitor creative delivery and track production performance of key metrics; hold teams and individuals accountable to service level standards.
- Manage process documentation, keeping it up-to-date and relevant for creative teams and stakeholders.
- Partner and collaborate with Customer Success, Product, and Sales teams on organizational projects.
- Lead integration of new tools and services to improve operational performance and efficiency.
- Foster a strong, collaborative Creative Services organization with a deep sense of service excellence, quality, and commitment towards our customers.
Benefits, Compensation, And Perks
Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
Major medical healthcare: We offer major medical plans as well as Dental and Vision insurance.
Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
401K: Plan for your future with a 401K with a 5% company match.
World-class Company Hub: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, and of course - as much merch as you need.
In-office gym: Our Company Hub also has a small CrossFit-style gym with a Peloton studio available for any pickles to use!
Life-changing massage chair: We change lives through creativity...and massages. Our team has traveled far and wide to take advantage of a life-changing massage chair that is housed in our Company Hub. One massage is all it will take to radically transform your life.
New parent leave: Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary.
Short Term / Long Term Disability Options
Paid training and personal development: We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers.
Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
Team retreats, social events, and adventures: Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.
About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the leading flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
Design Pickle continues to be one of the fastest-growing companies in America listed on the Inc. 5000 in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023. We’ve also been ranked as an AZ Central Best Place to Work in 2020, 2021, 2023.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart:
Be the SPARK
Let your fire and passion inspire someone else’s day.
Seek out new ways to improve performance, satisfaction, and impact for our customers. Less is more rules supreme.
Give it to me STRAIGHT
Lead with radical and professional candor in every situation. Graciously accept when others do the same. Move forward together and aligned.
HELP when nobody's watching
Find opportunities to support each other and our clients beyond the day-to-day.
Lean into HARD
We thoughtfully select our challenges and tenaciously commit to conquering them.
Make your own PICKLES
We are a collection of incredible individuals who challenge ourselves and each other to grow. Change is celebrated as a sign of progress.
You can learn more about our company, our vision, and what we stand for on our website and social channels. We can’t wait to meet you—thank you in advance for your application!
Design Pickle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will often hear members of the Design Pickle team refer to themselves as “pickles”. Pickles come in an infinite amount of variety, and as such, the pickles at Design Pickle celebrate every aspect of our diverse workforce and do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, nationality, (dis)ability, gender, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. The right pickle for the right opportunity. Design Pickle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice to Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
Design Pickle will not accept resumes from any source other than the candidate. Any unsolicited resume sent to Design Pickle will be considered Design Pickle sourced.