DesignMind is looking for a team member to join our growing Business Intelligence Practice. As a Business Intelligence Consultant, you will have the unique ability to play a key role in client engagements, spanning across many different industries and business sectors, throughout the entire project life cycle.
Qualified candidates will be hands-on with technology, as well as highly consultative, working with our internal team as well as clients’ business and IT team members.
This role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and can reach to other parts of the West coast. Applicants must be able to travel to client sites primarily in and around the San Francisco Bay Area, 2-5 times per week.
Client engagements can range from a 2-3 week Proof of Concept (POC) effort, to an enterprise project spanning several months. Our team often delivers work on projects as a group, in partnership with client resources and stakeholders. Work is done on-site at the client, or in our sunny San Francisco offices, with the potential for remote work.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 1 year hands-on work experience with Power BI, Tableau or Looker
- 3+ years with Microsoft BI Stack on-premise or Azure
- Database Technology: SQL Server, SSAS, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data warehouse or equivalent
- ETL Technology: SSIS, Azure Data Factory, Talend, Informatica or equivalent
- Experience in dashboards, visualizations, and governance with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization
- Able to write queries and transformations with T-SQL
- Gathering and documenting requirements, based on discussions with clients’ business and technology team members
- Be hands on with development of reports, analytics and visualizations development, and write code when called upon, SQL, performance tuning, data models, semantic models, or other.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Previous Consulting experience
- 3+ years with various forms of data modeling, including relational and star/snowflake schema
- 3+ years with semantic layer design and development
- Managing role-based security with Power BI and SSAS
- Experience with DAX and MDX
What’s our mission?
Great people working together with passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to consistent delivery of high quality, high value services that fully satisfy the needs of every client. Focus on developing fulfilling long-term relationships with clients, employees, partners, and the technical community.
What makes DesignMind a great place to work?
Awesome clients, cutting edge projects, a great team who really likes to work together. DesignMind recognizes the value of diversity, supports professional development, and celebrates the achievements of our team members.
DesignMind offers Medical, Dental & Vision benefits, 401(k), annual and performance bonuses, sunny offices in the heart of downtown San Francisco, and many other great perks.