DesignMind is looking for a team member to join our growing Business Intelligence Practice. As a BI/Power BI Consultant, you will have the unique ability to play a key role in client engagements, spanning across many different industries and business sectors, throughout the entire project life cycle.
Qualified candidates will be hands-on with technology, as well as highly consultative, working with our internal team as well as clients’ business and IT team members.
This role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and can reach to other parts of the West coast. Applicants must be able to travel to client sites primarily in and around the San Francisco Bay Area, 2-5 times per week.
Client engagements can range from a 2-3 week Proof of Concept (POC) effort, to an enterprise project spanning many months. Our team often delivers work on projects as a group, often in partnership with client resources and stakeholders. Work is often done on-site at the client, or in our sunny San Francisco offices, with the potential for remote work.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 1 year hands-on work experience with Power BI
- 3+ years with Microsoft BI Suite (SSRS, SSAS, MS Power BI, Excel)
- Experience in optimizing Microsoft Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization
- Able to write queries and transformations with T-SQL
- Gathering and documenting requirements, based on discussions with clients’ business and technology team members
- Be hands on with development of reports, analytics and visualizations development, and write code when called upon, SQL, tuning, data models, semantic models, or other.
- Database Technology: SQL Server, SSAS, Amazon Redshift, RDBMS or equivalent
- ETL Technology: SSIS, Talend, Informatica or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Previous Consulting experience
- 3+ years with various forms of data modeling, including relational and star schema
- 3+ years with semantic layer design and development
- Creating RBAC security with Power BI
- Experience with DAX and MDX