The DesignMind Senior Business Intelligence Consultant is responsible for designing, testing, and implementing business intelligence solutions in the MSBI stack.
Successful candidates must demonstrate a clear understanding of BI and Data Warehousing and related technologies. If selected, you can expect a steady stream of challenging, exciting client engagements in the Bay Area that will push your capabilities and creativity. You will work with our team of professionals, with expectations of sharing ideas for solving business problems; partnering with team members from the BI practice and others to deliver excellence in client engagements.
Work as the project lead to understand business processes and implement client-centric solutions including but not limited to:
- Creating data warehouses, using best practices to gather requirements, model data, and implement a system that is highly performant and near-real-time.
- Develop interactive reporting solutions using SSRS/Power BI/Tableau/etc.
- Extend existing Data Warehouse infrastructures and SSAS cubes with new dimensionality and new data sources using SSIS, T-SQL, and SSAS
- Improve data governance and data quality using Master Data Management systems (MDS, DQS and others)
- Adapt to change, and maximize value for clients using agile techniques
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous consulting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or with equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years' hands-on work
Cloud based solutions including:
- Azure (Azure Data lake, Azure Data Storage, Azure Data Factory)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Tableau Online
- Power BI
- Experience in developing Business Intelligence solutions (ETL, cubes, reports, dashboards, scorecards) using Microsoft SQL Server tools (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) in a data warehousing environment
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS (2008-2016)
- Advanced knowledge of Data Warehousing and BI best practices
- Experience with Master Data Management, design and implementation
- Expertise building SSAS cubes and programming complex SQL queries and stored procedures
- Excellent analytic and deductive reasoning ability (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- Must have high energy level; be self-motivated, with a results oriented demeanor
- Great Communication skills and a strong desire to succeed
- Experience in an Agile environment
Qualified candidates must be able to travel to client sites in and around the Bay Area.
What’s our mission?
Great people working together with passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to consistent delivery of high quality, high value services that fully satisfy the needs of every client. Focus on developing fulfilling long-term relationships with clients, employees, partners, and the technical community.
What makes DesignMind a great place to work?
Awesome clients, cutting edge projects, a great team who really likes to work together. DesignMind recognizes the value of diversity, supports professional development, and celebrates the achievements of our team members.
DesignMind offers Medical, Dental & Vision benefits, 401(k), annual and performance bonuses, sunny offices in the heart of downtown San Francisco, and many other great perks.