DesignMind is seeking several Senior Business Intelligence Consultants to join one of the country’s top data and analytics consulting teams. Applicants must reside within the United States.
DesignMind is a Microsoft Gold Partner for Data Analytics and Data Platform, and has partnerships with Snowflake, AWS, Tableau, Cloudera, Profisee, StreamSets, Looker, and other leading technology providers.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Consultant, you will have the opportunity to take a leadership role in client engagements across many different industries, throughout the entire consulting and development life cycles.
Client engagements can range from a 2-week Migration Assessment to an enterprise project spanning many months. Our team often delivers work in partnership with client employees, consultants, and senior stakeholders.
Most of your work will be done remotely, but there will be times when travel to client sites will be essential.
Required Skills & Experience
Technical knowledge will be evaluated based on each candidate’s work experience. Having the following capabilities is essential to your success in this role:
- Hands-on experience with the full Business Intelligence stack, on-premises or in the cloud, using technologies such as the following:
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, Azure Synapse, Azure Analysis Service (AAS), Azure SQL Data Warehouse, AWS Redshift, Snowflake or equivalent.
- ETL: SSIS, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Talend, Informatica, StreamSets, Matillion, or equivalent.
- Visualization: Reports, dashboards, mobile reporting, and governance with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization using tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Looker, QlikView, and SSRS or equivalent.
- Develop queries and transformations with SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Views, SQL Functions and Triggers.
- Experience with database performance tuning.
- Gathering and documenting requirements based on discussions with business stakeholders and technical team members.
- Be hands-on with the development of ETL/ELT, reports, dashboards, visualizations, and data models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Prior Consulting experience highly desired
- 5+ years with various forms of data modeling, including relational, star and snowflake schemas
- 3+ years with semantic layer design and development
- Experience with DAX (MDX a plus)
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
- Pre-sales (Discovery, Project Scoping, Labor Estimation, Drafting SOWs)
- Master Data Management (Profisee, Informatica)
- Data Quality Management
- Data Governance
- Definable contributions on BI platform migration(s)
- Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science
What’s our Mission?
Great people working together with passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to consistently deliver high quality, high value services that fully satisfy the needs of every client. Focus on developing fulfilling long-term relationships with clients, partners, the technical community, and fellow team members.
What Makes DesignMind a Great Place to Work?
Awesome clients, cutting edge projects, a great team who really likes to work together. DesignMind recognizes the value of diversity, supports professional development, and celebrates the achievements of our team members.
DesignMind offers competitive compensation and benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k). At this time, sponsorship is not available.