DesignMind is looking for a Senior team member to join our growing Business Intelligence Practice. As a Senior BI Consultant, you would play a key role in client engagements spanning across many different industries and business sectors. Qualified Senior-level candidates will be hands-on with technology, as well as highly consultative, working with business & IT users during client engagements.
This role is based in the Orange County, CA Area and can reach to other parts the Pacific Northwest. Applicants must be able to travel to client sites regularly for projects lasting anywhere from 2 weeks - 2+ years.
- Work with a blend of cutting edge and traditional reporting/analytic technologies to deliver value to our partners and clients
- Be hands on with development of reports, analytics and visualizations development, and write code when called upon, NoSQL / SQL, tuning, data models, semantic models, or other
- Analyze business requirements and provide end-to-end solution design for respective data foundation builds including but not limited Data Marts, Data Feeds, Data Warehouse Subject Areas, etc.
- Develop business analytics and custom reporting, data discovery, data science, self-service capabilities, embedded analytics, etc.
- 5+ years MINIMUM experience in the Computer Science or Information Technology field or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field. Consulting experience preferred
- 3+ years with Microsoft BI Suite
- Strong Client Facing skills
- 3+ years with semantic layer design and development preferred
- 3+ years with various forms of data modeling, including relational and star schema preferred
- Database Technologies: SQL Server Platform, SSAS,SSIS and SSRS
- ETL Technology: SSIS/ Informatica or equivalent
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be hands-on and able to respond quickly and effectively to changing needs, in what are often fast-paced engagements.
- Experience with Tabular Model
- Prior consulting experience is strongly preferred – including work with technology and business users
- Experience with leading development or support teams
- Cloud based solutions including:
- Azure (Azure Data lake, Azure Data Storage, Azure Data Factory)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Tableau Online
- Power BI
- Experience with architecting, designing or developing in an Enterprise Data Warehouse preferred
- Fluent in relational database concepts.
- Experience data acquisition, cleansing and integrations processes (ETL, ELT)
- Knowledge of and experience in software development lifecycles/methodologies i.e., Agile
- Strong presentation and collaboration skills and can communicate all aspects of the job requirements, including the creation of formal documentation