DesignMind is looking for a team member to join our growing Business Intelligence Practice. As a Business Intelligence Consultant, you will have the unique ability to play a key role in client engagements, spanning across many different industries and business sectors, throughout the entire project life cycle.
Qualified candidates will be hands-on with technology, as well as highly consultative, working with our internal team as well as clients’ business and IT team members.
This role is based in the Orange County, CA Area and can reach to other parts of the West coast. Applicants must be able to travel to client sites regularly for projects lasting anywhere from 2 weeks to 2+ years.
- Work with a blend of cutting edge and traditional reporting/analytic technologies to deliver value to our partners and clients
- Be hands on with development of reports, analytics and visualizations development, and write code when called upon, NoSQL / SQL, tuning, data models, semantic models, or other
- Analyze business requirements and provide end-to-end solution design for respective data foundation builds including but not limited Data Marts, Data Feeds, Data Warehouse Subject Areas, etc.
- Develop business analytics and custom reporting, data discovery, data science, self-service capabilities, embedded analytics, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years minimum experience in the Computer Science or Information Technology field or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years with Microsoft BI Suite
- Strong client-facing skills
- 3+ years with semantic layer design and development
- 3+ years with various forms of data modeling, including relational and star/snowflake schema
- Database Technologies: SQL Server Platform, SSAS, SSIS and SSRS
- ETL Technology: SSIS, Informatica or equivalent
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be hands-on and able to respond quickly and effectively to changing needs, in what are often fast-paced engagements
- Experience with Tabular Model
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Prior consulting experience is strongly preferred – including work with technology and business users
- Experience with leading development or support teams
- Experience with architecting, designing or developing an Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Fluent in relational database concepts
- Experience data acquisition, cleansing and integrations processes (ETL, ELT)
- Knowledge of and experience in software development lifecycles/methodologies i.e. Agile
- Strong presentation and collaboration skills and can communicate all aspects of the job requirements, including the creation of formal documentation
What’s our mission?
Great people working together with passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to consistent delivery of high quality, high value services that fully satisfy the needs of every client. Focus on developing fulfilling long-term relationships with clients, employees, partners, and the technical community.
What makes DesignMind a great place to work?
Awesome clients, cutting edge projects, a great team who really likes to work together. DesignMind recognizes the value of diversity, supports professional development, and celebrates the achievements of our team members.
DesignMind offers Medical, Dental & Vision benefits, 401(k), annual and performance bonuses, and many other great perks.