Are you passionate about making designs that people can experience and interact with?
We believe in teamwork, fun, and simple solutions to complex problems. We’re looking for a likeminded Senior UX Designer with the experience, passion, and kick-ass skills to help us rid the world of crappy design.
You like to...
- Scope, plan, and lead multidisciplinary projects with a global team of designers.
- Solve complex problems and create design systems and interfaces that work across platforms and devices.
- Conduct user research to identify key insights and opportunity spaces, transforming them into powerful concepts and designs for implementation.
- Create appealing elegant wireframes, storyboards, user flows, design prototypes, and UI specifications that not only impress and inform but are also scalable.
- Create compelling, strategically-driven design work from pitch to service or product.
- Stay updated on the latest developments, trends and, thinking within design and technology, and share your knowledge and thoughts with the project team.
- Share knowledge on design methods, tools, and trends with the rest of your colleagues.
We would like you to be...
- A strategic thinker who's creatively driven and excited by design and technology alike.
- Extensively experienced in creating and delivering best-in-class customer experiences.
- Confident leading and working in multidisciplinary teams of designers, researchers, and technologists and comfortable navigating agile production environments.
- Comfortable being the point person on small-medium projects, leading a team of 1-3 other designers.
- Fully aware of the design possibilities within web technologies and mobile platforms, and able to identify and shape new opportunities with clients.
- A problem solver with ideas that challenge the ordinary, together with the drive – and the guts – to bring them to life.
- Able to delegate to other designers to manage time and deliverables effectively.
- Someone with a ‘here to help’ attitude, who absolutely, fundamentally believes that we’re better together.
- A strong communicator who supports the development of others and is actively involved in the studio.
Would you like to join...?
- A global design firm with talented people across 18 studios around the world.
- An international, inspiring, social, collaborative, and playful work environment, with an open-minded and diverse culture.
- A distributed team with a strong remote-work set up and set, monthly back-to-the-office days designed to cultivate cross-disciplinary exchange and social engagement.
- A team that values healthy work-life balance and supports workplace.
Other important deets…
- Employment type: Permanent, full-time
- Base salary range: AUD$120k-$130k
- Annual remuneration package: base salary + superannuation (9.5%) + training and phone allowance ($1,320)
- Location: We support workplace flexibility and at present our whole team has the option to work from anywhere, however you’ll need to be able to attend in-person work activities in Sydney or Melbourne, if required. We have a studio in Sydney (Surry Hills) access to a shared office in Melbourne (Southbank) for use when COVID restrictions allow.
- In this case we are only able to accept candidates who have an existing legal right to work in Australia. No visa sponsorship is on offer.
Want to know more?
Check out our open jobs around the world. Just so you know, we don’t have a dress code, but we do have a strict no jerk policy.
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.