Want to be part of an amazing team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We’re always looking for creative people who care!
We are analysts. Creators. Designers. Doers. Dreamers. Explorers. Geeks. Hipsters. Leaders. Learners. Renegades. Seekers. Strategists. Visionaries. And we fundamentally believe that we’re better together.
We are currently seeking an Industrial Designer to join our tech client. This is a 9 month contract with the possible extension up to 18 months.
This person will work closely with other industrial designers, visual designers, interaction designers, user researchers, product managers, and engineers to define the ID and user experience of the client’s collaboration products.
*Looking for candidates who live in the Pacific Standard Time zone. This position is not available for Visa sponsorship or C2C work.*
Would you like to…
- Practice and evangelize good design process, practice, principles, and patterns
- Facilitate communication across product teams through all phases of product development
- Work closely with interaction designers and engineers to achieve desired UX outcomes
- Create ground-up conceptual designs and suggest product direction based on field research and business requirements
- Plan and execute human factors studies, user testing, surveys, etc., and iterate designs based on user and customer feedback
- Produce rapid prototypes for proof of concept validation using digital fabrication methods
- Produce compelling visual concept illustrations from low fidelity hand sketching to high fidelity photoshop and keyshot 3D digital renderings
- Translate, iterate, and build concepts in 3D CAD suitable for hand off to engineering and model makers
- Build solid rapport with engineering teams while guiding them towards high quality design implementation
- Contribute to a world class design culture – be curious, be passionate, be inspired, inspire others….make stuff
We would like you to have...
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as an industrial designer at a tech company with track record of successful product launches
- Experience working within a design system that serves a diverse product portfolio as well as experience influencing and contributing to a design system
- A portfolio of work demonstrating skills in end to end product design – from concept to first product ship
- Expert parametric CAD and surfacing skills in Solidworks, Creo, or NX Advanced surfacing in Rhino / Grasshopper is highly desirable
- Deep knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- MFA or BFA degree in industrial design
- Understand design is about problem solving
- You are a maker
- You are a student of design. Whether formal or self-taught, you have a thorough understanding of design process, principles, and patterns
- You leave your ego on the sidelines
- Well organized
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deliver results across multiple projects running in parallel
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.