BLOG AND SOCIAL LEAD, NORTH AMERICA
Want to be part of an amazing team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We’re always looking for creative people who care!
We are analysts. Creators. Designers. Doers. Dreamers. Explorers. Geeks. Hipsters. Leaders. Learners. Renegades. Seekers. Strategists. Visionaries. And we fundamentally believe that we’re better together.
We believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, diverse perspectives, and simple solutions. How about you? We’re looking for Blog and Social Lead with the passion and experience to design what matters – one project at a time.
The Blog and Social Lead will join the Designit team that supports Microsoft Cloud Marketing Social and Blog. This world-class social team operates 74+ social media channels and 17+ marketing blogs designed for developers, IT decision makers, IT implementers, and business decision makers. Each month, we publish over 3,000 social posts to help, inform, entertain, and engage community members across the globe. Azure, Power BI, Dynamics 365, and SQL Server are just a few examples of the 170 innovative products and services that comprise the Cloud Marketing Social and Blog ecosystem.
The Blog and Social Lead supports the BSL workstream, which helps stakeholders across Microsoft’s cloud business leverage brand channels to drive impact through quality social content. In this role, you will work to gain alignment across workstreams like analytics, blog, copy and creative, events, announcements, YouTube and community management as it relates to your solution area, to streamline processes and communications, and to foster a more holistic approach to social. The ideal candidate is a seasoned B2B social media and blog strategist who is passionate about creating and executing strategic initiatives. This individual also enjoys serving stakeholders as a subject matter expert and successfully communicates and presents to senior level directors and managers.
Would you like to...
Subject Matter Expertise
- Serve as the social media and blog key point of contact and subject matter expert for stakeholders across the business for specific solution area
- Continuously drive target audience insights to inform strategy planning
- Approve creative and copy for organic and paid social campaigns
- Stay up to date on existing and emerging social and blog platforms
- Lead and manage additional integrated marketing projects and initiatives as needed, based on team priorities
- Provide stakeholders with strategic plans for organic social media deployment
- Collaborate with other workstreams (blog, events, announcements, YouTube, community management) to ensure alignment on strategy for specific solution area
- Create and advise on processes, governance, and best practices pertaining to demand generation via social channels
- Own the execution of social amplification programming supporting demand generation assets and campaigns
- Measure and report performance against goals and objectives and collaborate with analytics resources to interpret data into actionable insights. This may include monthly reports, organic/paid campaign reports, ad hoc reporting, and social listening and competitor observations and recommendations
- Manage agency partners and coordinate with multiple vendors and teams for day-to-day execution
- Work with graphic design and copywriting team to concept and execute social media creative assets
We would like you to have..
- 4 – 7 years of marketing experience
- 2+ years of experience managing social media programs
- Subject matter expertise in the use of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) with a strong understanding of the digital marketing landscape
- Ability to work successfully with diverse groups of stakeholders across the company to ensure successful planning and execution
- A high degree of skill at interpreting data to inform strategy and provide actionable insights
- A customer service mindset when working with stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Teams
- Microsoft experience a plus
- Social listening experience a plus
Would you like to join a global organization that...
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees’ well-being remains a top priority for us
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy across the globe - diversity will enable us to strengthen our impact
- Encourages innovation and experimentation
- Understands that changes will occur and adaptability is crucial to assist when it does
- Emphasizes and rewards collaboration
- Works remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
Want to know more?
Check out our open jobs around the world. Just so you know, we don’t have a dress code, but we do have a strict no jerk policy. https://www.designit.com/
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.