Want to be part of an amazing team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We’re always looking for creative people who care!
We are analysts. Creators. Designers. Doers. Dreamers. Explorers. Geeks. Hipsters. Leaders. Learners. Renegades. Seekers. Strategists. Visionaries. And we fundamentally believe that we’re better together.
We believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, diverse perspectives, and simple solutions. How about you? We’re looking for a Senior Social Copywriter with the passion and experience to design what matters – one project at a time.
The Senior Social Copywriter will join the Designit team and embed with the Microsoft Cloud Marketing Social and Blog and Microsoft 365 account. This world-class, highly visible social team of more than 70 people operates 100+ social media channels and 20+ marketing blogs designed for developers, IT decision makers, IT implementers, citizen developers, business decision makers, and end users such as teachers. Each month, we publish over 3,000 social posts to help, inform, entertain, and engage community members across the globe. Azure, Power BI, Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, SQL Server, and Security are just a few examples of the hundreds of innovative products and services that comprise the Cloud Marketing Social and Blog ecosystem.
The Senior Social Copywriter will lead the copy workstream, which produces digital creative assets to accompany social posts. In this role, you will be a senior resource and SME on the team responsible for providing guidance to other copywriters, establishing and maintaining copy guidelines and best practices, and executing on copywriting and proofing. The ideal candidate is a skilled and experienced copywriter and an expert communicator who works successfully with team members, stakeholders, and senior managers.
Would you like to...
- Lead a growing team of social media copywriters that supports Cloud Marketing + M365 social and blog posts.
- Partner with Creative team to conceptualize, present, and execute best-in-class creative for B2B and B2C content for social.
- Manage and balance assigned tasks, deliverables, and timelines.
- Continue the integration of Cloud Marketing and Microsoft 365 social content.
- Create, revise, and maintain documented copy best practices that adhere to Microsoft copy and style guidelines.
- Serve as a subject matter expert with deep understanding of the Microsoft brand, tone, and voice.
- Oversee copywriting and proofing of assets for Microsoft social channels.
- Partner with clients to understand business goals and priorities and ensure copy and creative activities are in support of these goals.
- Represent the Copy and Creative workstream to Microsoft stakeholders and the broader Microsoft team; serve as the primary point of contact for client requests.
- Manage staffing, onboarding, and PTO.
- Drive design work direction in partnership with Social Copy & Creative Lead to ensure team success.
- Ensure all copy aligns with established copy and creative best practices, Microsoft accessibility standards, the Microsoft Writing Style Guide, and the Chicago Manual of Style
- Ensure consistency, accuracy, and efficiency in the Copy production operations workflow
- Organize quarterly copy workshops with the Cloud Marketing Social and Blog Team and Microsoft 365 in partnership with the Social Copy & Creative Lead
- Attend weekly editorial meetings with stakeholders.
We would like you to have..
- Link to your portfolio (must have this to be considered)
- 3+ years in a leadership and management role, as the primary stakeholder contact and leading a team.
- 5+ years in a client-facing role at a marketing agency or large corporate enterprise
- B2B and B2C copywriting experience in an agency environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- High level of written, verbal, and copyediting skills
- Proven track record of taking a strategic and deeply customer-minded approach to social media.
- Experience using social media content and publishing management tools such as Wrike, Opal, and Sprinklr
Would you like to join a global organization that...
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees’ well-being remains a top priority for us
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy across the globe - diversity will enable us to strengthen our impact
- Encourages innovation and experimentation
- Understands that changes will occur and adaptability is crucial to assist when it does
- Emphasizes and rewards collaboration
- Works remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
Want to know more?
Check out our open jobs around the world. Just so you know, we don’t have a dress code, but we do have a strict no jerk policy. https://www.designit.com/
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.