SENIOR TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER, NORTH AMERICA
Want to be part of an amazing team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We’re always looking for creative people who care!
We are analysts. Creators. Designers. Doers. Dreamers. Explorers. Geeks. Hipsters. Leaders. Learners. Renegades. Seekers. Strategists. Visionaries. And we fundamentally believe that we’re better together.
We believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, diverse perspectives, and simple solutions. How about you? We’re looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager with the passion and experience to design what matters – one project at a time.
The Senior Technical Program Manager will join the DesignIt team that supports Microsoft Cloud Marketing Social and Blog. This world-class social team operates 74+ social media channels and 17+ marketing blogs designed for developers, IT decision makers, IT implementers, and business decision makers. Each month, we publish over 3,000 social posts to help, inform, entertain, and engage community members across the globe. Azure, Power BI, Dynamics 365, and SQL Server are just a few examples of the 170 innovative products and services that comprise the Cloud Marketing Social and Blog ecosystem.
The Senior Technical Program Manager supports the analytics workstream, which provides data and reporting on social performance. In this role, you will provide escalation management and balance business needs with technical constraints. You will take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner. The ideal candidate possesses sound judgment, strategic communication skills, the ability to influence without authority, and a strong analytical mindset.
Would you like to...
- Internalize the needs of the Cloud Marketing Blog and Social Team and provide the client with actionable, data-driven solutions
- Develop the technical roadmap: establish clear milestones for deliverables, drive consensus on the technical approach, set timelines, and lead cross-functional development teams from design through delivery.
- Responsible for maintenance and expansion of reporting dashboards, delivery of monthly customized reports, delivery of quarterly reports, maintenance of existing tools, technical stack support, API maintenance, and ad hoc requests.
- Manage our Azure Dev Ops instance to ensure tasks are assigned and tracked properly.
- Optimize delivery of milestones by clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to clients and internal project teams
- Direct the Data Analytics team to ensure that the team’s priorities remain aligned, the team functions as one unit, and deliverables are completed on time
- Participate in joint meetings and projects with Data Analytics Lead and Business Intelligence Engineer
- Partner with the Data Analytics Lead and the Business Intelligence Engineer to ensure the analytics tech stack supports reporting priorities
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence Engineer, who serves as a direct report, to make informed decisions and drive expectations around the team’s technical roadmap
- Help troubleshoot and fix any technical issues that may arise with our data
- Maintain a strong grasp on blog, social, and digital trends, and an updated knowledge of social and blog measurement technologies
We would like you to have..
- 5+ years in a senior program management, business intelligence, digital analytics, or social analytics role
- Bachelor’s degree in business, data analytics, computer science, communications, information systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong project management skills to help stakeholder teams explore, scope, build and deliver projects
- Experience in SQL and use of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Advanced understanding of BI architectures, data modeling, and dimensional modeling concepts
- Advanced skills and experience in representing data in a meaningful way using modern data visualization tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, or Power BI
- Experience with social/blog management tools such as Sprinklr, Adobe, Sprout, Brandwatch and Opal
Would you like to join a global organization that...
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees’ well-being remains a top priority for us
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy across the globe - diversity will enable us to strengthen our impact
- Encourages innovation and experimentation
- Understands that changes will occur and adaptability is crucial to assist when it does
- Emphasizes and rewards collaboration
- Works remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
Want to know more?
Check out our open jobs around the world. Just so you know, we don’t have a dress code, but we do have a strict no jerk policy. https://www.designit.com/
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.