SENIOR MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER, NORTH AMERICA
Want to be part of an amazing team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We’re always looking for creative people who care!
We are analysts. Creators. Designers. Doers. Dreamers. Explorers. Geeks. Hipsters. Leaders. Learners. Renegades. Seekers. Strategists. Visionaries. And we fundamentally believe that we’re better together.
We believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, diverse perspectives, and simple solutions. How about you? We’re looking for a Senior Motion Graphics Designer with the passion and experience to design what matters – one project at a time.
Our senior motion graphics designers at Designit are explosively creative and live simultaneously in the worlds of art and technology in order to tell the best stories. As craftspeople and creators, they have an incredible ability to make magic with only a bit of inspiration, strategy, and understanding of the client’s need. They are extraordinary artisans of creative practitionership rooted in the fundamentals of spectacular design. They effortlessly manage the production and creation of motion graphics elements across any channel or medium. They are capable of using motion and visuals to express a brand tone of voice, tell a story, and affect a user’s experience and understanding simultaneously. They make a dynamic pairing when working with our art directors and creative directors, but individually, they are a tour de force capable of flying solo while tackling projects.
We are looking for someone who is wildly creative and wants to execute work across our entire portfolio of clients, projects, consumer touchpoints, and channels. From mobile applications to broadcast commercials to in-store digital experiences, work executed at Designit often spans a wide variety of mediums.
As a part of the Designit's Creative Team, the senior motion graphics designer will use a holistic design approach to meet the needs of each project, concentrating on research, design, and strategy to create and build successful, forward-thinking creative executions. This position requires a futuristic, versatile, strategy-minded creative who is an avid listener, a critical thinker, an independent worker, and a problem solver with a desire to ensure consistent and effective brand messaging for our agency and our clients’ businesses.
Would you like to...
- Execute top-quality design work in line with agency and brand standards.
- Collaborate with Designit creative directors to concept and storyboard multiple ideas or versions against a client brief.
- Manage the quality of design from idea to delivery.
- Manage and delegate tasks to other designers (mid- to junior level).
- Utilize experience that comes with collaborating with producers, video editors, art directors, and copywriters to ensure proper post-production workflow and final products that exceed expectations.
- Be able to estimate how long a task may take and work with producers to track toward deadlines, workflow, creative quality, production, and on-time delivery of projects.
- Work with creative directors to define creative direction and manage project assets.
- Have advanced knowledge of technical motion graphics skills and workflows.
- Be able to work independently and manage others to successfully complete projects.
- Work to adjust and improve production workflows to deliver quality projects within strict deadlines and budgets.
- Create original designs and animations that complement a client’s current branding by integrating client-supplied logos, color palettes, print assets, and videos.
- Design and animate graphics for a variety of deliverables, including broadcast, web, and social media.
- Build and maintain relationships with producers and clients to help guide projects toward intended goals.
- Maintain file structures and project organization to enable each team member to float seamlessly from one project to the next.
- Assist creative directors and executive management with special projects and internal assignments.
We would like you to have..
- Detail-oriented self-starter with highly developed organizational skills for proper server workflow and asset management, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to take ownership of your role on each project and see to it that all details are thought out
- Master of Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and Cinema 4D, as well as emerging interactive design trends
- 5+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to lead a team of diverse artists
- Proven ability to ideate and execute cutting-edge creative work, and a master-level understanding of design, including an expert understanding of typography, color, and layout
- Performs other duties as assigned, and willing to sometimes work overtime/weekends when under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited art school or university
- Experience managing multiple projects and working cross-functionally
- Must be intensely creative with strong communication skills
- Must have a demo reel with a breakdown and an explanation of project involvement
- Must have good design, layout, typography, and color theory skills
- Familiar with HD workflows, multi-panel configurations, frame rates, and pixel aspect ratios
- Conceptual thinker and visual problem solver
- Excellent organizational, project management, and leadership skills
- Must be able to accurately generate weekly progress reports
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment
Would you like to join a global organization that...
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees’ well-being remains a top priority for us
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy across the globe - diversity will enable us to strengthen our impact
- Encourages innovation and experimentation
- Understands that changes will occur and adaptability is crucial to assist when it does
- Emphasizes and rewards collaboration
- Works remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
Want to know more?
Check out our open jobs around the world. Just so you know, we don’t have a dress code, but we do have a strict no jerk policy. https://www.designit.com/
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.