YOUTUBE CHANNEL MANAGER, NORTH AMERICA
Want to be part of an amazing team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We’re always looking for creative people who care!
We are analysts. Creators. Designers. Doers. Dreamers. Explorers. Geeks. Hipsters. Leaders. Learners. Renegades. Seekers. Strategists. Visionaries. And we fundamentally believe that we’re better together.
We believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, diverse perspectives, and simple solutions. How about you? We’re looking for a YouTube Channel Manager with the passion and experience to design what matters – one project at a time.
The YouTube Channel Manager will join the Designit team that supports Microsoft Cloud Marketing + M365 Social and Blog. This world-class social team operates 74+ social media channels and 17+ marketing blogs designed for developers, IT decision makers, IT implementers, and business decision makers. Each month, we publish over 3,000 social posts to help, inform, entertain, and engage community members across the globe. Azure, Power BI, Dynamics 365, and SQL Server are just a few examples of the 170 innovative products and services that comprise the Cloud Marketing + M365 social and blog ecosystem.
The YouTube Channel Manager works within the YouTube workstream. In this role, you will support 10+ YouTube channels from video content uploading to social amplification. The ideal candidate has impeccable attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the desire to accomplish daily tasks in a timely manner with strong focus and follow-through.
Would you like to...
Video Upload Process and Channel Maintenance:
- Upload all videos to their associated channels within the team’s standard SLAs
- Ensure all video content adheres to Microsoft branding and accessibility guidelines
- Create SEO optimized copy for all video descriptions, titles, and tags
- Maintain channel quality, organization, and content governance
- Maintain the documentation and storage of all video submissions
- Keep documentation up to date with team processes and email templates
- Track capacity of all video uploads and amplification
- Work with team lead to amplify relevant videos across social channels
- Utilize data to inform best practices
- Act as a YouTube subject matter expert
- Serve as the first point of contact for stakeholders within Microsoft who wish to have content uploaded
- Communicate closely with stakeholders throughout the video upload process
- Educate stakeholders about the value of YouTube and the best way to leverage the platform
- Work with stakeholders to retire out-of-date videos
- Pull and compile metrics monthly, as well as ad hoc requests
- Provide insights and recommendations based on the data
- Work on projects assigned by the team lead
- Present project ideas to improve the overall health and organization of channels and processes
- Provide additional support with day to day tasks outside of the YouTube team during spikes in demand
In this role, the majority of time spent consists of processing end-to-end video submissions for a wide variety of content, such as how-to content, demos, and customer evidence. Processing entails uploading and staging videos, as well as regular communication with stakeholders via email
We would like you to have..
- 1-2 years in a client-facing role at a marketing agency or large corporate enterprise
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, management, or related field
- High level of written, verbal, and copyediting skills
- Familiarity with YouTube features and service offerings
- Basic understanding of event marketing for high visibility events
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Basic understanding of Excel formulas and power pivots
- Ability to adjust to changes in priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to present and pitch ideas effectively to team members and clients
Would you like to join a global organization that...
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees’ well-being remains a top priority for us
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy across the globe - diversity will enable us to strengthen our impact
- Encourages innovation and experimentation
- Understands that changes will occur and adaptability is crucial to assist when it does
- Emphasizes and rewards collaboration
- Works remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
Want to know more?
Check out our open jobs around the world. Just so you know, we don’t have a dress code, but we do have a strict no jerk policy. https://www.designit.com/
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.