Art Director, North America
Do you want to create memorable digital experiences that transform businesses? Want to be part of an amazing team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We’re always looking for creative people who care!
We are analysts. Creators. Designers. Doers. Dreamers. Explorers. Geeks. Hipsters. Leaders. Learners. Renegades. Seekers. Strategists. Visionaries. And we fundamentally believe that we’re better together.
We believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, diverse perspectives, and simple solutions. How about you? We’re looking for an Art Director with the passion and experience to design what matters – one project at a time.
Our new Art Director will design and activate compelling experiences that create strong connections between people and brands. We put humans at the center of business and partner with clients to deliver meaningful experiences that help their customers while driving business success. Creative that delivers customer satisfaction at every level is our ultimate metric, and it’s what drives our mindset, skill set, and team culture.
This role is based in the Greater Seattle area. We are open to remote candidates with a preference for those located in the Pacific Time Zone.
Would you like to...?
- Concept, present, and execute best-in-class creative campaigns, B2B content, and B2C content for key and emerging accounts
- Lead the building of innovative experiences using complex design systems and marketing guidelines, including interfaces, apps, video spots, social assets, websites, and other digital media
- Collaborate with creative directors, experience designers, copywriters, strategists, and clients to execute the best work possible while adhering to the established scope of individual projects
- Be able to clearly communicate ideas through both written and visual formats (storyboards, mood boards, drawing or sketching, ideation, typography, and photography)
- Mentor junior talent by cultivating strong leadership skills and providing guidance and coaching
- Fluidly switch from client to client as needed
- Embrace challenges and new methods of thinking, with a commitment to pushing the work and bringing fresh thinking to every project
- Inspire and lead a team through multiple ongoing projects with varying timelines
- Present work to stakeholders confidently and clearly
We would like you to have...
- Five-plus years of agency experience, with at least two years of creative leadership experience in digital design, advertising, and marketing content generation, preferably as an art director
- Firm grasp of theories, concepts, and principles of design, storytelling, content strategy, and information architecture
- Experience working with enterprise-level brands and in-house creative/design teams
- Persuasive and engaging presenter who can build and tell the story
- Strong concepting and ideation skills
- Strong knowledge of design best practices, including customer-first, content-first, mobile-first, responsive design, brand alignment, and accessibility standards
- Ability to lead at least a few projects (at various stages) concurrently, meet deadlines, and adapt quickly to changing priorities in an agile environment
- Natural prioritization of empathy as well as critical and analytical thinking in understanding challenges and framing solutions
- Competency in facilitating and leading design ideation sessions with cross-functional groups
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, perspectives, actionable feedback, and design solutions in a diplomatic and collaborative manner
- Comfort with managing ambiguity
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience with web design tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Project management software experience
- Video editing, motion design, and/or UI/UX experience
- Copywriting experience
- Storyboarding and storytelling experience
- On-location video and photo production experience
Would you like to join a global organization that...
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees’ well-being remains a top priority for us
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy across the globe - diversity will enable us to strengthen our impact
- Encourages innovation and experimentation
- Understands that changes will occur and adaptability is crucial to assist when it does
- Emphasizes and rewards collaboration
- Works remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
Want to know more?
Check out our open jobs around the world. Just so you know, we don’t have a dress code, but we do have a strict no jerk policy.
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.