- Partner closely with marketing, product, and your design teammates to elevate our website, social media presence, and more
- Partner with the broader marketing team to build out performance-driven advertising campaign programs, up-level product launches, social assets, email design, website pages, and deliver amazing brand experiences at events.
- Play a significant role in the evolution of our brand, voice, and strategy as Descript grows as a company and product
- Bring structure and efficiency to our design operations in relation to business goals, serving as a bridge between design and marketing
- Be an active participant and leader in design critiques, providing thoughtful feedback across product and design teams
- Tell Descript's story - creating a variety of assets for our social and web presence, live events, in-app, marketing materials, and beyond!
- 3+ years of relevant work in a creative field - startup experience is a plus
- You are known for clear, direct communication (written and verbal) and collaborating well with a diverse set of interest groups (designers, executives).
- Empathy for users and are eager to discover and resolve their pain points.
- Familiarity with marketing technology platforms, operations and tools: Website CMS, Social channel formats, Website design
- Comfortable (excited, even!) creating across a gamut of assets - static image, basic animation, 3D. If you don’t, you know how to find the right people or are eager to learn a new tool to get things done
- You are highly organized and process-oriented.
- An eye for detail and craftsmanship, while understanding and not sacrificing deadlines and constraints.
- Ability to identify and frame problems and opportunities from a user-centric perspective, using data to inform design decisions and testing
- Experience building out in-house design operations and partnerships with external agencies/contractors.
- A portfolio that exhibits real passion for your craft and strong conceptual ability.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Design.
- Love for reflecting and writing about your process and POV
Descript is building the next generation of tools for communicating with video and audio. We are a team of 85 (planning to double in 2022) — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world's greatest investors (Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital). Descript HQ is in San Francisco, and our AI research team, Lyrebird, is based in Montreal.
Descript is the special company that's in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
As a small startup, Descript relies on employees who thrive in an environment where they are regularly called upon to translate high level goals into day-to-day priorities, and are regularly presented with technical and business challenges that extend beyond their comfort zone.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and unlimited vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PST and EST time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we're interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.