- Build best-in-class audio & video recording technology that works on web, desktop, and (eventually) mobile
- Design & build an accessible transcript-powered media player that allows users to read, search and interact with a video’s transcript while watching or listening.
- Architect a scalable backend infrastructure to quickly upload, process, and store large media files
- Build & maintain standards for interoperability among Descript & 3rd party tools.
What You’ll Do
- Own building and shipping new features across all levels of the stack (frontend and backend)
- Collaborate with product and design teams on crafting great user experiences
- Write high-quality testable code that's functional, long term maintainable and performant
What You Bring
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong CS fundamentals and experience with web technologies (HTML/JS/CSS) and REST APIs
- Self aware of strengths and seeking to constantly learn and improve
- Strong written and verbal communication
The base salary range for this role is $130,000- $215,000/year. Final offer amounts will carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise, location, and may vary from the amount above.
Descript is building a simple, intuitive, fully-powered editing tool for video and audio — an editing tool built for the age of AI. We are a team of 100 — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world's greatest investors (OpenAI, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital).
Descript is the special company that's in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and flexible vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PT and ET time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we're interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.