As a product manager, your role will be to ensure Descript understands our customers, and use that understanding to partner with engineering and design in the creation and execution of a product roadmap.
- 5+ years of product management experience at a SAAS company.
- Startup experience; i.e. experience in a role that didn't previously exist in a highly unstructured environment where individuals were responsible for setting their own day-to-day priorities.
- You are technical; you have experience using analytics and business intelligence platforms to write reports and perform cohort analysis. You are familiar with the common SAAS KPIs.
- You are known for clear, direct communication (written and verbal) and collaborating well with a diverse set of interest groups (engineers, designers, executives).
- You are highly organized and process-oriented.
- You have empathy for users and are eager to discover and resolve their pain points.
- You understand product design and development and work well with designers and engineers. You have experience designing intuitive user interfaces and executing product plans with a well-defined process.
- Develop strong quantitative and qualitative understandings of growth opportunities across user segments, countries, and platforms
- Form and validate data-driven hypotheses for accelerating customer retention and revenue, working closely with engineering, design, marketing, and analytics
- Embrace the testing process; develop and deploy hypothesis-driven product changes and split tests
- Integrate usability studies and user research into product development process to create the best user experience
- Capture insights from growth test successes and failures, and communicate them to the broader team
- Deliver product experiences that delight our users and demonstrate meaningful impact on growth acceleration
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of market and technology trends and competitive landscape
Descript is building the next generation of tools for communicating with video and audio. We are a team of 85 (planning to double in 2022) — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world's greatest investors (Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital). Descript HQ is in San Francisco, and our AI research team, Lyrebird, is based in Montreal.
Descript is the special company that's in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
As a small startup, Descript relies on employees who thrive in an environment where they are regularly called upon to translate high level goals into day-to-day priorities, and are regularly presented with technical and business challenges that extend beyond their comfort zone.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and unlimited vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PST and EST time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we're interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.