Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in New York City and London. We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We challenge conventional thinking and seek to work with people who have an open mind for new ideas. We work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris is here to help build great brands. From technology and financial services to beauty and fashion and more - we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. We create unique messaging and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling. A few of the clients on our roster include: Warby Parker, Reformation, Away, RSE Ventures, Caravan and Really.
In 2022, we joined BerlinRosen Holdings, home of BerlinRosen and our partner agencies, Onward, M18, Glen Echo Group and Inkhouse, further building out our current work while expanding our reach across sectors including consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology, and offering expanded capabilities such as DEI consulting and public affairs.
We are looking for a Vice President, Business Development who will support consumer-related work across the entire holding company, with a focus on Derris projects. This person will report to the Executive Vice President of Growth at BerlinRosen and be an integral member of the BerlinRosen Holdings Growth team. Please note that this is not a sales job.
Location: This role is based in our New York, NY office on a hybrid basis. The Derris staff is in-office three days per week.
- Lead business development strategy focused on consumer campaigns including shaping the voice and tone of proposals and crafting successful pitch strategies
- Support BerlinRosen Holdings Growth team management, including capacity planning and Growth team-wide initiatives
- Analyze consumer business trends to proactively identify and drive BD engagement with key sectors
- Proactively identify opportunities to grow the consumer practice area and form plans
- Work individually with team members to build up their business development capacities and map their networks
- Help frame and draft BD reporting
- Manage engagement with the consumer practice area, including leading Derris new business check-ins
- 6-8+ years of professional experience across relevant backgrounds such as public relations, legal, professional services, government or business sectors
- Experience in business development, including shaping business development processes, directing new business strategies and developing sharp, tailored proposals
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize work streams and track progress across multiple teams
- Expert multitasking skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail
- Strong writing and research skills that ensure that every stone is overturned along with the creation of sharp, compelling content
- Experience in public relations
- Experience at a firm or agency
- Experience with consumer brand campaigns
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen Holdings offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
Compensation: The salary range for this role is $130,000-$170,000 commensurate with experience, plus end of year bonuses based on firm, team and individual performance.
Benefits: BerlinRosen Holdings will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, encourage self-care and drive professional development, including…
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Effective January 1, 2023, all incoming staff will receive 36 days total of PTO, inclusive of general PTO, wellness days, collective PTO the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays and 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Full mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
- Continuous skills training tailored to your role
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our partners, BerlinRosen, Onward, Glen Echo Group, M18 and Inkhouse.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our partners to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.