Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in New York City and London. We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through earned media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris is currently looking for a highly motivated Office Manager & Receptionist. As a member of The People Team, our mission is clear: we are here to champion Derris, our core values, and vision as a company by fostering its most valuable resource - its People! Working closely with the Head of People Operations and other operations team members, you will be relied upon to help build a growing company and execute a best-in-class employee environment.
If you are experienced within the field of office management and thrive within a collaborative work environment, and are hungry for more, keep reading…
Derris is here to help build great brands. From lifestyle and fashion, to food, health & wellness, home & hospitality, technology, non-profit, finance, real estate, sports and more -- we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. We create unique messaging and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling. A few of the clients on our roster include: Warby Parker, Everlane, Reformation, Good American, SKIMS, Harry's, Hinge, Imaginary Ventures, Juxtapose, and CAVA.
- Spearhead daily office opening and closing operational procedures and processes, with support from the Executive Assistant.
- Lead office administrative tasks such as keeping inventories, stocking supplies, managing budgets and expenses, supporting company events and other employee experience planning and execution.
- Manage all reception operations; answering the phone, greeting guests, alerting team members, and seeing guests to their respective meeting rooms.
- Support all company events with ordering food and supplies, and managing day-of execution; team lunch, new employee welcome breakfasts, team happy hours, etc.
- Lead office incoming/outgoing mail procedures; alerting staff members as packages come and go.
- Support Talent Acquisition Specialist with new hire onboarding procedures; including setting up email addresses and laptops, managing seating chart and setting up desk working spaces.
- Support all IT-related projects and daily tasks, liaising with tech support, managing account team email distros, etc.
- Manage office safety, security and repair protocols; office access, fire and safety drills, liaising with building management and super as needed, etc.
- Work closely with Facilities Assistant to oversee office cleanliness and health and safety protocols.
- At least 2-4 years Office Management/Reception experience.
- Experience handling private or sensitive information regarding staff with the utmost confidence and professionalism.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels and members of an organization equally, while also being able to work independently as needed.
- Must maintain a high attention to detail, high level of organization.
- Deadline-oriented and an expert communicator in all ways; providing internal updates promptly and professionally.
Benefits of Working for Derris
Opening back up very soon in a hybrid capacity, our office is located in the Flatiron district of New York City and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization.
A cornerstone of our company is culture and we place a huge emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks. From summer Fridays, catered lunches, and discounted gym memberships to company-sponsored sabbaticals, wellness and mentorship programs, we value and emphasize a fully inclusive and holistic employment experience.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.