Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in New York City and London. We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through earned media and across owned channels. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris builds great brands. From lifestyle and fashion, to food, health & wellness, home & hospitality, technology, non-profit, finance, real estate, sports and more — we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. Our Creative team helps clients articulate that narrative across different channels. A few of the clients on our roster include: Warby Parker, Equinox, SoulCycle, Madewell, Shopbop, Everlane, Supergoop!, Starface, Good American, CAVA, Hinge and Harry's.
About the role:
Derris is looking for an experienced Senior Copywriter who will be part of our growing team, answering creative writing asks of all kinds, from brand voice guidelines, to owned editorial and social media strategies to speeches and op-eds.
Does building brands from concept to execution sound like you? Keep reading…
- Work across a range of capacities, from building brand positioning from scratch alongside a strategic team, to ideating campaigns for existing brands, and more.
- Bring a creative perspective to the development of smart strategies that answer business objectives: from editorial and social media calendars, to thought leadership. While writing copy is at the core of the role, contributing to ideation and the visual expression of ideas is equally important.
- Handle all things copy: social, email, digital, OOH ads, campaign launches, product descriptions, website overhauls, email marketing, customer service scripting, thought leadership, and more.
- Work across a variety of industries: tech, lifestyle, nonprofit, food, crisis, financial, design and home, travel.
- Collaborate with a Creative Director and PR/communications teammates to develop brand positioning, brand materials, and integrated multi-channel marketing approaches.
- Present creative work to clients, articulate thought processes, answer questions and work through edits constructively.
- Never do the same thing twice—promise.
- 3-5 years Copywriting experience, ideally in an agency setting. Bonus points for 2-3 years experience in-house at a brand, and/or in the media/editorial world.
- A great communicator in all ways with natural storytelling ability.
- A multidisciplinary marketer who gets all kinds of brands and channels—and knows how to execute.
- Ability to quickly toggle among clients in tone, thought process and communication styles.
- A detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to hit deadlines, multitask, and work both independently and as a team.
- A voracious reader of all things digital and brand. Many extra points for the ability to think beyond each industry, bring a world-curious mindset to your work, and translate the things you’re seeing into ideas that answer strategy.
Benefits of Working for Derris
While currently working remotely, our Manhattan office is located in the Flatiron neighborhood of the city and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization.
The cornerstone of our company is our culture — where we place a large amount of emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks. From summer Fridays, catered lunches, and discounted gym memberships to company-sponsored sabbaticals, wellness and mentorship programs, we value and facilitate a fully inclusive and holistic employment experience.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.